GREAT Cannondale ride at Hatfield/McCoy

Ryanstones

Waterways is the fastest trail head

#11 Post by Ryanstones »

and with Doug and Nrath leading we didn't get any other pics. The fall leaves had the trail covered and that made for some very exciting moments at 50+mph!
Hard to know what kind of rocks and ruts are under them leaves!
Dougs sprocket bolts came loose and ripped a chunk outta his pretty blue swingarm late in the day. He said time to slow down after we rigged it up, but we did another 15 miles at WFO anyway.

Here's a pic from day 2:

Ryanstones

Day 2~man to gilbert, wv

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

With rain called for we were all in rain gear and glad for it as the rockhouse trails were very wet. Rode into town for a Hardees lunch and got stuck waiting for the homecoming parade to pass.

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Nice pics...

Ryanstones

Playground

#14 Post by Ryanstones »

of course it's steeper than it looks:p

Ryanstones

Nrath and JumpinJer

#15 Post by Ryanstones »

passing on the hilltop

Ryanstones

Maintenance...

#16 Post by Ryanstones »

On the 26 mile loop back from gilbert I thought my clutch was going out on a reaallly long uphill. Was imagining loose trans bolts and all kinds of nastiness. finally made the top to discover i'd spun a hub! Man, 1 wheel drive sucked for the next 10 miles!

Ryanstones

Saturday at Bear Wallow

#17 Post by Ryanstones »

Jay let me ride his speed while he broke in his new tricked 400ex. That is the finest 4wheeler i ever rode! Sweeet quad Jay. After watching me ride it hard a while, he changed his mind and was kind enough to let me borrow a hub to finish the ride.
We stopped for this pic and Nrath was smart/lucky to see that his lower rear shock bolt had snapped. He ziptied the broke bolt in place and away we went!
I love the end (clockwise) of trail 10, sweeet.

Motoman440

#18 Post by Motoman440 »

Man, I sure am a loser for not making it out with you guys!!! Now that I have seen these pics I think I could just crawl up in a hole and never come out!!!:cry: Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time and nobody got hurt!!! Thats what its all about. Still working on the swingarm issue. I had to send the one Doug got for me back to Houser for some modifications. By the way, Houser is one customer friendly manufacturer!!! I highly recommend these guys. Anyway, I'll see you guys next spring at either the H/M or Jay's.

Hey Ryan
Are ya still wearin the dockers for riding pants??? J/K!!!

Derno24

Re: Playground

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
of course it's steeper than it looks:p

I love that hill with the landings at each level. I didn't know how they were the first time up and went flying I almost lost it.

Ryanstones

yea moto, you're a looooser!

#20 Post by Ryanstones »

It was nice not having to wait for you at every intersection though!

No, i wasn't able to wear my Dockers this trip. But i did have em with me! :w:
My feet woulda stayed drier than with the HS pants for sure.

Yea Derno, that was a fun hill. Riding with Doug we got to see all kinds of new climbs. Those guys will turn up a virgin hill with no way out at the top and just GO! Jeremy followed up one time and was very lucky to hit a tree as he slid back down on the Vforce. It needed a new grab bar anyway!