tower city 3/28

cdrookie

tower city 3/28

#1 Post by cdrookie »

derno, 400ex4me, jlhughes, jl's buddy who's name i can't remember, sorry, and myself headed up to tower today. got there a little late, around 11, thanks to 400ex4me(lenny). but he rides a honda so how fast can he be?tongue.gif

we got a few pics but forgot the camera when we needed it most. the first loop was about 3 hours. didn't get into any real hill climbs but saw just about everything else. derno was trying out his 450, we spent about an hour out of the 3 getting him unstuck. jl had his yfz and his buddy was on a 250r. those guys are A class XC racers and are always looking for a challenge. we found one.

some how we got on a trail more suited for a trials bike than quad. tight, rocky, tight, and rocky, rocky, and rocky. it was crazy. 1st gear, hard on the clutch. lots of getting off, pushing and pulling:( it seemed like forever before we found civilization again. i've been trail riding for about 16 years now and never seen anything like that trail before. why anyone would want to go back there was beyond me. eventually we trail blazed and doubled back none the worse for wear.

we'll call lenny "the cat" from now on cause it's amazing how many times he almost died today. all, no doubt, cause his back shock was all out of wack. he was undoubtibly fast though, just ask derno.

tried out the 450. it's so smooth it doesn't feel like a cannondale. it just pulls, power is very linear. very different than mine.

we had some good riding, rode with some good guys, no injuries or breakdowns, and some how, no flats. sounds like a good day to me.smile.gif

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

See Leric made us go out and make our own trail tails. I will have pics later, but I just wanted to say that Lenny on his 440 ex was sooo fast he circled the globe and was still 10 mins behind the rest of us.

It was a good day of riding. Shame that I was just getting into a groove and we were leaving.

That 450 is awesome. I am running that xcx map for the woods and is that a sweet map. With the kit and map the quad just pulled the more you pulled on the throttle. Amazing power. Scott at Champion did an awesome job on that motor. I will clean the quad up and get her ready for the photo shoot. The ones I have now don't have the new plastics or some other new goodies to add.

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

oh- bent my front bumper a little, so i guess that was a casualty. derno's dale is no longer clean.

JLHUGHES750

#4 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

Can't wait to see the pics....

I'll have to post some pics of the bruise's and welts left from the roost of Derno's Dale.:cry:

Mark (the other guy) and myself had a great time. We normally hit the trail a lil earlier but oh well. Mark was riding my R and was on my yfz.. Well i hopped on the R at the end of the day and realized how terrible the yfz handled(stk shocks). I had not ridden the R since last fall!! On the way home Mark (who rode the R most of the day) said he was not sure how anyone could hold onto a stk yfz for more than a few minutes at speed with out feeling like a truck ran them down. I told him before we went that I wanted to stay away from riding the R just so I didn't mess myself up for racing the YFZ the following week. Well now I'm thinkin I'll be racing the R next week. That YFZ is an arse killing,arm streching,pogo stick, bucking bronco!!!!! My R is more like a caddy...hhhmmm what if i put the yfz engine in the R frame............................ ahhh i gotta go!!!!!!!

Thanks for the ride guys!!! sorry we bailed before dark, I wasn't feelin to good (stomach flu) and the wife alarm was going off!!wink.gif

later, J

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Jay we will have to do it again. I apologize for the late start. It was a good day riding for sure.

Yeah the dale shot the roost out there, but I couldn't get it to climb a hill to save my life. smile.gif

I kept digging in due to the wrong map. I think I have corrected that problem. I thought it was reall funny when Mark was messing with me and Bryan with the mapping thing.

That motor in the R hmmmmm sounds like a neat project.

I'll post some pics tonight...

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Here are some pics...At the truck before we got under way. Mine is the one with the quad tech hood cd's is there and Jay and Mark's quads are in the background...

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Pic of the new and improved ride with old plastic on it. That is soon to change...

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Jay's YZF...Lookin tough

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Not sure, but Jay somehow winds up in almost all of my pics?

Derno24

#10 Post by Derno24 »

Mark tearing it up...