Bad day for the Dale

EuroGOD

#11 Post by EuroGOD »

I'd be looking at those clutch wires as well..:hammer:

NRath

#12 Post by NRath »

Did anyone mention that it could be the clutch wires? LOL!

I'd check that first. But, I have also had trouble on one occasion in West VA with my Start button as you mentioned. It apparently didn't like the wet conditions! It would finally work, but I had to push it a few times and wiggle the button while pushing it. It was enough to make me nervous! Only had a problem that one day, it was fine the next day and been fine ever since. It's kind of an odd design the way the back is all open. The front has a nice rubber boot around the button, the back is wide open! So, on my new quad, I filled the back with silicone. Hopefully that'll eliminate the potential for problems.

It sucks you've got ot head out for a few weeks! I guess NV beats the heck out of Irag!

swamper38s

#13 Post by swamper38s »

Nrath, I thought like you and was thinking the starter switch got wet, but when I pull both wires out of the switch and touched them together and nothing happened I figured it was something else. I hope it is something easy like the clutch cable. wish I could check, but my buddy left this morning for Fallon, and I leave tomorrow at noon....... so since I pulled the wires out of the switch I am gonna need a new start switch no matter what.....well I hope I will be able to make it to the ride, and if I do it looks like it will be Saturday, and Sunday, but will anyone still be there on Sunday? Also would like to thank you guys, there is so much info of this site, don't know what I would do with out yall!!! Thanks!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

swamper38s

#14 Post by swamper38s »

Does anyone have a starter switch or know where I could get one, I figure I am just gonna go ahead and get new after market handle bars with the custom switches ( the green start, and red stop). What do you guys think are better, tag, or renthals?smile.gif

kdeal

#15 Post by kdeal »

Swamper, Did you try bypassing everything and seeing if the starter will work? Positive from the battery straight to the starter connection. I would do this with the starter off the quad on the bench. You stated it wouldn't crank, so I'm assuming you mean the starter won't turn over. If not the starter, what about bypass of the solenoid, by momentarily connecting the two cable connections. If that's not it, it has to be the start switch or the safety switch (clutch wire).