Perry Forest

TheJaspMan

Perry Forest

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

Well it was a great weekend! A full day of riding on Sun and nice weather.

It was me, crazyelece, lurker and another great guy on a bike. We started riding a little after 9:30am and rode till about 6:30pm. We took a small break at lunch. But otherwise kept moving most of the time.

We don't have many pictures. And even the ones we do have are all of me being stuck up to my engine in mud, or sitting in a tree or something. :mad: I guess I should have taken my camera too!

Both Cdales did great. We had a couple of minor issues. But we recovered fine. Lurker busted a tie rod bolt somehow. That could have gotten interesting. :eek: He took my quad back to camp, and got a new one. Just like him to be prepared. I suggested zip-ties, but I guess the bolt was probably stronger. :w:

I hit something and knocked my brake line loose that suddenly mad me loose front brakes. We limped back to camp and tighted everything up, bleed the lines and were off again. We needed lunch anyways!

NRath

That's awesome, Jasp

#2 Post by NRath »

Sounds like you guys had fun! Would that place be worth a trip from Richmond?

I had a little fun of my own on Sunday. It included dust and mountains- usually not a good mix! Story to follow.

TheJaspMan

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

That's a long ways. It's pretty nice though. Wayne National Forest is close by too.

There is a nice store and some decent camp grounds right across the road from a trail entrance. I know we rode around a full day and never covered the small half of the trails. There is a lot of stuff to climb some really neat spots to play in.

There is one small section where you ride in a creek that sits about 4-5 foot down for about 1/8 mile. Then climb up some rocky water falls. It was pretty cool.

I plan on going back and taking a ton of pictures in the next month or so. It may be worth waiting for those to decide.

Lurker Blaze

#4 Post by Lurker Blaze »

seat time wow,was wondering when it would happen. finally rode the bomb and test its ability.lots of torque little stiff at slow speeds,just point and shoot at any hill and she goes 2nd or 3rd no problem.stock blaze including tires and wheels was great setup. perry has everthing from beginner to expert trails ,hills and some nice natural jumps and left over stuff from strip minning and its free and legal,this make my 12th trip and still have not seen it all.
we all had great time and no one got hert except for a little pride but I wont mention names chuck,anyways daniel boone next stop for holiday weekend atleast saturday or sunday let me if anyone is interested.

TheJaspMan

#5 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Lurker Blaze
seat time wow,was wondering when it would happen. finally rode the bomb and test its ability.lots of torque little stiff at slow speeds,just point and shoot at any hill and she goes 2nd or 3rd no problem.stock blaze including tires and wheels was great setup.                                                                                              perry has everthing from beginner to expert trails ,hills and some nice natural jumps and left over stuff from strip minning and its free and legal,this make my 12th trip and still have not seen it all.
we all had great time and no one got hert except for a little pride but I wont mention names chuck,anyways daniel boone next stop for holiday weekend atleast saturday or sunday let me if anyone is interested.

Pride? I'm a married man! I have no pride left in me! :cry:

And trust me, all my stunts were calulated and safety tested moments prior to them taking place. Although it did take a few moments to find my seat after landing in those trees. I quickly located it once I realized I sucked it into my a**! :eek: :wow

Lurker Blaze

#6 Post by Lurker Blaze »

i here ya,looked sick from where we watching, seeing the trees moving and all,kinda like jurasic park still cant believe nothing was hurt,maybe thats sign your on the right quad.so how about boone? kevin and lance are in and maybe two other quads, its open
to anyone who"s not afraid. will post on where to ride

sad.gif

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Lurker Blaze
i here ya,looked sick from where we watching, seeing the trees moving and all,kinda like jurasic park still cant believe nothing was hurt,maybe thats sign your on the right quad.so how about boone? kevin and lance are in and maybe two other quads, its open
to anyone who"s not afraid. will post on where to ride

sad.gif

3" trees are no match for a stock Cdale bumper!!!! :eek:

When are you going to DB? The next three weekends are out for me. But I would like to go soon. Plus I want to go back to Perry.

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

Sounds like a fun place.

Maybe me and Nrath can head out there one weekend this summer, we'll stop and pickup Haydug on the way.smile.gif

TheJaspMan

#9 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Jaybr
Sounds like a fun place.

Maybe me and Nrath can head out there one weekend this summer, we'll stop and pickup Haydug on the way.smile.gif

Sounds like a good time. It's probably not too far from Dougs place.

Jaybr

#10 Post by Jaybr »

If it's Perry County Reclamation Area that you went too, less than 2 hours from Haydug's.