Michigan trail tales?

MI_CDALE_Rider

Michigan trail tales?

#1 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

EDITED!
Looking for Michigan Trails tales... any out there?

fred

#2 Post by fred »

How about a harescramble this weekend?

http://www.d14harescrambles.org/schedule.cfm

Plenty of trails in northern MI. A few simple internet searches should provide enough to keep you busy.

michigan_rider

#3 Post by michigan_rider »

mi c dale rider, do you live in the u.p. i know alot of trails in the central u.p. Im always looking to ride with ppl.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#4 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by michigan_rider
mi c dale rider, do you live in the u.p. i know alot of trails in the central u.p. Im always looking to ride with ppl.

Hi michigan_rider I am in South East MI so central UP is a real haul for me :cry:

How far from Alpena are you?

Ken
smile.gif

MI_CDALE_Rider

#5 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Originally posted by fred
How about a harescramble this weekend?

http://www.d14harescrambles.org/schedule.cfm

Plenty of trails in northern MI. A few simple internet searches should provide enough to keep you busy.

fred, sorry for the confusion I meant to say any Michigan Trail Tales out there... My bad!

Yeah I ride on a couple of the Eastern MI state trails, I haven't been to the races yet are Hare scrambles cross country events?
smile.gif

fred

#6 Post by fred »

Yes, hare scrambles are XC events. Although the turnout has been better this season (up nearly 50% over last year), there is always room for more racers.

Sorry, no trail tales.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#7 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Yes, hare scrambles are XC events. Although the turnout has been better this season (up nearly 50% over last year), there is always room for more racers.

Sorry, no trail tales.

Hey Bart/Fred are you racing this weekend? Mike wants me to come out and break my "race cherry" this weekend.

Not sure I am ready :-(

fred

#8 Post by fred »

Ken,

I am planning to "race" (as slow as I go, it's not really racing) on Sunday. Hope to see you there.

Just a warning. If you race, plan on getting hooked on it and spending a lot of time (and money) doing it. :cool:

/Bart

MI_CDALE_Rider

#9 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Ken,

I am planning to "race" (as slow as I go, it's not really racing) on Sunday. Hope to see you there.

Just a warning. If you race, plan on getting hooked on it and spending a lot of time (and money) doing it.  :cool:

/Bart

I am thinking I will be there as well sinc eits not far form where I store my dale.. In fact I will be at Mikes house tonight mounting up my new Hiper's :-)

MI_CDALE_Rider

#10 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

I rode the Michigan Bull Gap trail system this Saturday and was impressed. This trail is well marked (except at the hill) and is good condition.

I know we will go back before summer is over.
smile.gif