True friends are discovered every day.

NRath

#11 Post by NRath »

That's a terrible story to hear about any rider! I hope he can pull through. My thoughts are with him and his family.

After meeting LB, I had no doubt that was the kind of person he is. Unfortunately, he had to demonstrate it. Big props to LB, though, for stepping up!

TheJaspMan

#12 Post by TheJaspMan »

Here is the rear shock.

TheJaspMan

#13 Post by TheJaspMan »

Here is the mount. It's an odd break.

TheJaspMan

#14 Post by TheJaspMan »

The left A-Arm.

NRath

#15 Post by NRath »

Any change in his condition? I was thinking of him while tinkering in the garage last night.

TheJaspMan

#16 Post by TheJaspMan »

It's thoughtful that you ask.

I am waiting for LB right now. We are going back down to the hospital. I was there till late lst night and had to work this morning. But I just got a call and his condition slipped a little. They are in the progress at this moment removing the ventilator and putting in a full trach. His body is not breathing by itself. He was as high as 40% on his own a couple days ago. But that is not the case now. I'm not sure how to respond, except I am hoping it's a typical issue and not an actual step backwards.

I'll have to let you know more once I get there and talk with the doctors. I am waiting on some power of attorney paperwork for his wife right now. Then we can leave.

TheJaspMan

#17 Post by TheJaspMan »

They put a full trach tube in last night. His is still not awake. Please keep him in your prayers and be careful riding this weekend!

LB and I sat in traffic for hours last night and never made it the 100 miles to see him. I am leaving tonight to spend the weekend there. And I think LB will be there a couple days too. If you are local feel free to stop by and offer your moral support in person.

If you want to send a card, donation or anything else please send to:

Lamb Fund
c/o Inferno MX Racing
PO Box 53023
Cincinnati, OH 45253

Or if you wish to donate via PayPal use:
lambfund@infernomxracing.com

fyrmedic

#18 Post by fyrmedic »

My and familys prayers are with you and your friend, Jasp! God bless!! And a big kudos to Lurker!! Good to hear that good, caring people are still out there!!! What a great community we have here!!

TheJaspMan

#19 Post by TheJaspMan »

Day eight. Sorry it took so long to reply. We just got home from the hospital. We have been there since Friday afternoon.

He has now been moved from the trauma ICU to the 2nd stage ICU. This is the most important part of his journey. He is on full trach, but breathing on his own again. He is also off the haldol(?) which kept him sedated (I think). He is on morphine and atrapene(?).

He worded 'why?' and his wife and I tried our best to explain breifly and quickly. He said somthing else that has an 'F' word in it. I can only imagine what is was. That was on Sat. Nothing much else happend. He has a long, long way to go.

Thanks for all the thoughts. I will keep you updated. And provide more info tomorrow. Right now I need to de-stress.

CdaleRacer0128

#20 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

:cry: i thought a lot about this man while working on my quads and thinking of my racing future. How young i really am and still have so much time left. it really makes me think that something can and will happen, you just need to be ready for it. I'm very sorry to hear of this man's difficulty, and will put him into my prayer's continuously until he is better, and breathing competantly on his own as i did today in church..

And also thanks To lurker, and you for being such great friends to him in this time of need, he may not remember it, but when you wake up and see your best buds there, it means the most..been there, done that..