True friends are discovered every day.

TheJaspMan

#41 Post by TheJaspMan »

And this one is 15 days. His first bite of non-clear fluids. Sharing a bite with his wife Cody.

TheJaspMan

#42 Post by TheJaspMan »

Here he is the same evening. Notice how clear headed he looks just a few hours later.

TheJaspMan

#43 Post by TheJaspMan »

This one is Phil, his wife Cody and I outside. This was the first time he had been outside in 15 days. It was emotional but nice.

TheJaspMan

#44 Post by TheJaspMan »

Here is part of his back injuries. The nurses wouldn't let us take pictures, but we snuck in the best shots we could. That bruise is actually about 10 inches wide and about four foot long. Nasty!

TheJaspMan

#45 Post by TheJaspMan »

And this one was of Phil taking a breathing treatment a day or so before being transferred to rehab and therapy.

Notice the jersey. He still had that smelly thing on tonight!!!

TheJaspMan

#46 Post by TheJaspMan »

Day 21

I have to say that Phil is making some great progress. He sounds good and seems to be thinking straight. His short term memory is still a little off. But the double vision is about gone and he is getting stronger.

He was laid up so long that his broken collar bone is a little stiff and it's harder to work it now. But he claims to have some sadistic nurses who are helping him out.

All in all I am really happy and I am confident this will have a great ending. He really got a 2nd chance on life.

LurkerBlaze went with me last night. He finally took his wristband off that he got at the race. I was begining to think he liked wearing that cheap green braclet. :eek:

TheJaspMan

#47 Post by TheJaspMan »

Day 24

Man is Phil doing good. He is getting stronger and looks great! He has three diffrent kinds of therapy each day. And is doing great in each. His collar bone is aching and body is basically sore. But he is working through it.

His spirts seem to go up and down. But whos wouldn't?!?!

I am leaving ina few hours to go spend the evening there and am lookng forward to seeing his progress. I'll keep everyone informed. At his current pace he could be home by Aug 5th.

Derno24

#48 Post by Derno24 »

Excellent news!

Happyboy

#49 Post by Happyboy »

What a good recovery. We are so glad to hear that he is so much better.

NRath

#50 Post by NRath »

I second HappyBoy!!

Is the alter ego gone completely?