True friends are discovered every day.

TheJaspMan

True friends are discovered every day.

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

Sat at the Daniel Boone MX a really close friend of my family was in a terrible accident while landing a jump. He was taken by air-flight to UK Hospital in Lexington, KY for massive head trauma and collapsed lung/s. He was braced, intabated and rushed away.

I just want to say what a nobel and giving person LurkerBlaze has proven to be. He's a fellow rider that makes me proud to also call him a freind.

My wife and I was unable to make it to the races due to other previous obligations. But LB was there and kept me up to date on the races and my freind who was racing C-Open class.

Just after speaking to LB on the phone and joking around he called right back. A teammate and freind of mine was in a bad accident on one of the back jumps. While running to aid him he had me on the cell. He got to him in very quick time. The ambulance was right behind him. LB tried to comfort and calm him but he was totally out of it. At that point LB focused on my freinds wife. Not only did he help calm down the situation, he dropped his family off at their room and drove our friend nearly 90 miles to the hospital. This was around 2 in the afternoon. When I arrived after work with our other riding friends at 2am LB was still sitting there with my wife who left immediatly and our friends wife.

He has only rode with these people 3 or 4 times. But showed compasion and care as good as any long time friend. In my book that demands respect. And I know my family and our other teammates cannot express 'thank you' enough.

Our friends Predator is nearly destroyed. I'll post some pictures later. But the quad filpped over and over hitting nearly all sides. Ripping stuff off as it went and putting the rear shock through the airbox and into the seat. The carb is ripped off and the arms are bent back. In the mean time our friend lies in a chemical induced coma for his own safety. He has sever head trauma and some internal bleeding. Lots of internal and superficial bruises. But this are starting to look up for him. He is still not breathing on his own, but they are hopeful that in 48 hours or so he will be.

His helmet was broken clean through along the mouth guard and split in the front. His chest protectors looks like it was ripped right off his body but did what it was supposed to be spreading the initial impact out across his chest instead of a blunt stike.

LB is a true rider. If it was me on the ground I cannot think of many other people that I would want by my side. Thanks LB. It meant a lot to Carrie, Steven and I.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

True friends are hard to come by. Good work Lurker.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Hope your friend is ok.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Great job Lurker.Jasp fellow riders can almost always be counted on in life and death situations no matter how competitive they seem really we are all one big team.Hope everything goes well with your buddy.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully things will be better sooner rather than later.

LurkerBlaze is the man. That is a great person to have done all that. I only met him once and I am glad I have had the chance to.

haydug

#6 Post by haydug »

Sorry to hear about him, and hope he fully recovers to enjoy this sport again.
I will vouch for LB, the first time I met him, I crashed pretty hard at a race, and he helped me out, loading stuff and making sure I was taken care of. He called the next day to check on me, after only meeting me the day before.
I've found 95% of motorcycle/atv riders to be like this, which is one reason I will always ride and enjoy this sport!!

cannibaljim

#7 Post by cannibaljim »

Hope your friend makes a full and fast recovery.
Nice job LurkerBlaze.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

Just an update before I leave for hospital again.

The diagnosis has changed a little. Due to swelling and problems they did not have a good set of X-rays. As of this morning he has a broken clavicle. He also has a temp of 101.7. Once it hits 102 there are other issues to start looking at. I'm not sure what those are, but I'll know more when I get there. Plus they should be done with the new X-rays.

They did another CT scan at 3am and we are waiting for the results. He is unresponsive still but is not moving any parts to his entire left side. It could be late swelling affecting a brain function, spine or nerves. He was flailing with his entire body when he arrived on air flight. Now they do not even get a twitch or reaction from the left. Could be temporary, but could also be neuro.

They took him off the ventilator earlier, but he failed to breath on his own. His lung recollapsed and the other is still making some odd sounds. They need him to wake up to be able to determine if he went without oxygen too long while laying on the track.

Jaybr

#9 Post by Jaybr »

Sorry to hear about your buddy Jasp, hope he fully recovers soon.

Nice job Lurker:clap:

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

Here is a picture of his helmet.