tower city 9/12

Derno24

#31 Post by Derno24 »

It was my favorite swingarm, but doesn't appear to be any damage to that. Just to the engine case.

440EX4ME

#32 Post by 440EX4ME »

Where did you break the shock? was it doing the triples on the road past the office biggrin.gif

**** bud you seem to break everything at one point or another, but thankfully some of these companies do stand behind their stuff. Now you just start taking care of your quads and keep em all nice and cleaned up and lubed etc and see if it helps any. wink.gif

Too bad I wasnt invited cause I could have ran around carrying my frame making engine sounds LMFAO biggrin.gif but great to hear you had a good time with the "other spare quad" smile.gif

A serious question I have is what type of terrain where you going over when the shaft snapped and how would you describe the action on it at that moment etc.

Hope the repair holds up longer for you as I know this isnt fun the second, and third time over etc.

Derno24

#33 Post by Derno24 »

The shaft snapped at the base of the shock. Looks like at the top of the threads. Snapped clean too. Funny part we had just started riding. We went up the hill to start riding turned left and I was going through a a not rough section when it gave up. Makes you wonder if I had raced it any in the past couple weeks if it would have finished? :wow

As far as the cleaned and lubed I have been very good about that since the rebuild. You know if you rode with me you would know this!tongue.gif

c-dale fan

#34 Post by c-dale fan »

so is Elka going to replace or repair it for nothing ?you know stand behind there quality rolleyes.gif product?...seems to me they should

Derno24

#35 Post by Derno24 »

Yup spoke to them recently and they are fixing it for free and paying for shipping too!

c-dale fan

#36 Post by c-dale fan »

& the motor /cases ?..you did mention something was hurt on the motor didn't you ?

440EX4ME

#37 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by c-dale fan
& the motor /cases ?..you did mention something was hurt on the motor didn't you ?

That would be great but lets not get crazy now either since most every warrantee has a disclaimer about coincidental damages.

I have to say from my experience with Elka that they absolutely stand behind their product and will help with most anything they can, and thats real comforting since the guys at houser wont even cover there own screw ups and tell you to keep on paying.

Thankfully not all mfg's are as out of tune and greedy as houser.

440EX4ME

#38 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by Derno24
The shaft snapped at the base of the shock.  Looks  like at the top of the threads.  Snapped clean too.  Funny part we had just started riding.  We went up the hill to start riding turned left and I was going through a a not rough section when it gave up.  Makes you wonder if I had raced it any in the past couple weeks if it would have finished?  :wow

As far as the cleaned and lubed I have been very good about that since the rebuild.  You know if you rode with me you would know this!tongue.gif

Thats weird because I had a feeling it just went and not during anything specially hard etc (there wasnt any mention of a crash or other problems) but then it must have actually broken earlier or at least to the point that the next little amount of force on the shock would do it in.

good thing it happened when it did.

Now about that riding comment, your **** right on that one and hopefully I will be all together and "back" real soon.

Cant wait to try out the new shock settings and springs, and the new engine mods biggrin.gif