tower city 9/12

cdrookie

tower city 9/12

#1 Post by cdrookie »

it was derno, dirt, the loneracer and the infamous lou, + myself and a couple of derno's buddies(but they disappeared quickly).

they cancelled our scheduled race so we decided to hit the trails. that was unfortunate for me cause derno was gonna break out the dernodale and race it. he hopped on it at tower and didn't last 1 mile before he had an unexpected breakdown:( he has pics. luckily he brought his other dale.

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

oh no what happened.. let's here it cmonnn

:confused: :mad:

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

Yup cracked the rear ELKA shock. Piece of crud. I am disappointed in Elka at the moment. I decided in the off season to send my shocks back to their home for revalving and some TLC. After a monster bill and a complete rebuild I got this shock back with a new shaft. Old shock lasted over 100 hrs no problem. New shock 15-20 hrs.

Trust me this isn't supposed to be pointing up! I'll get some better pics later!

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

he went back to get his other ride and we headed for the xc track that we raced on a month ago. we let the loneracer and lou go first then dirt and myself took off. i think then guys had a better time finding the track than i did. there's so many trails around there its hard top find the track layout. i had dirt on the nastiest stuff i could find to break in his new hipers. we found the track a few times and got turned around a few more times.

finally made it back to the start area but nobody was around. we waited for a while but the insects were eating us alive. we went off again and ran into derno running the track backwards. he said he went a billion laps in a clockwise direction but didn't see anyone...

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Well here are a couple new pics.

Left to right: Lou, Ken, Cdrookie, and Dirt!

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Here is the photo of us getting under way. Dernodale still with good rear shock!

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

And here is a close up of Dirt drooling on the new quad!

cdrookie

#8 Post by cdrookie »

lou and the loneracer came up on us and we bsed for a few then took off. i wasted little time with derno trailing me and the r's behind him. i had a HUGE:) lead but them cheaters cut the track and put me in 4th. dogged derno till he gave up and pulled over. closed in on lou rapidly but lou isn't too shabby and wouldn't let me around.

we finished that lap and started another. loneracer had a nice lead but a few trail riders were on the switchbacks so they slowed me and lou down. i had a rock in my goggles which bounced off my eye too many times:mad: . i decided to get it out. lou was long gone but no dirt or derno. took off again and cut the switchbacks to get back in line with the r's.

it was extremely dusty with some big water holes on the trails...

cdrookie

#9 Post by cdrookie »

following closely was your only chance of seeing anything. and with me racing here before i figured i had an edge on lou. tried to stay as close as i could to him and planned on passing on a long dusty straight.

we got to the straight and lou went right around the big water puddle, i went left, hoping it was a smoother line. we dragged raced up a slight hill and he let off a tad and i was gone. now the only thing between myself and glory was the loneracer!:head:

cdrookie

#10 Post by cdrookie »

the loneracer got on the gas when he sensed pressure and was ever so slightly pulling away. then i made a wrong turn and my hopes and dreams were dashed:cry: lou got around and i putted back to our staging area.

it really wasn't that dramatic, i spiced it up a little. tongue.gif

we went back to the trucks and regrouped and was going to go on a big loop of trails before calling it a day.

we'll let DIRT take the story from here cause i was in the back and couldn't see what was going on up front, except during the drag race on the turnpike;)