rausch creek 10/02

cdrookie

rausch creek 10/02

#1 Post by cdrookie »

pretty dead in here so i'll tell you about my ride today.

planned on heading up there all week, atv magazine was doing a 12 hour "torture test" on the sport quads. figured i'd see what was going on and wanted to do a little testing on my quad, made some clutch adj and wanted to try to overheat it to see where the water was leaking from.

they were calling for 80% chance of rain with heavy thunder storms in the afternoon. a quick look out side didn't look promising.:cry:

i said he!! with it and went anyways. if i could get a couple hours in i'd be happy, we have a tough race tomorrow and didn't want to wear myself out.

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

i figured only the tracks would be open since they were doing the test on the 6 hour course. to my suprise they let you run on the 6 hour course also, but no other trails.smile.gif

went out on the intermediate atv/motorcycle track for a few laps, my shocks bottom pretty hard and i don't even like to jump, so i didn't hit anything to fast.

i know the 6 hour track pretty good so as soon as i hit it i was moving. the rausch creek staff had it groomed nicely considering the rain we got this week. only a couple small puddles but it was still slick, for my razr's at least.

felt kind of funny about being out there. kind of like riding on posted property, but they said it was open, so...:cool:

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

went back to the truck after a lap to check stuff out. everything looked good except i can't keep my axle lock nut tight:mad:

went back out to the 6 hour and was clicking off some pretty decent laps. weather was perfect, overcast and cool. traffic was non existant, for now. the magazine photographer was clicking off a few pics of me for some reason, he must've been bored.

tower city was closed today for early archery season, i think everyone headed to rausch. traffic started picking up a little around noon. families and kids cluttering up the course. pulled over at one point to see the pros come past. eventually they did but there was a string of 4-5 quads in front. i yelled at them to move. their idea of moving was to stop. not even off the trail, just stopped.

i followed the pros after i got thru the joy riders. more like caught up to them at the end of the long straight. traci cecco pulled off on her yfz. got to the top of a rocky hill and saw traci was moving again, went a little more and pulled over and let her past. followed her back out, i was at 90% race speed, she was probably 30%.

cdrookie

#4 Post by cdrookie »

they seemed to be doing more bsing than torturing, IMO. took another lap and got stuck behind 4 guys, 2 were on banshees. they knew i was back there but just kept going. after 2 minutes of shouting i got around the last guy. the rest of them sorta pulled over, kind of. i engaged warp 5 and hauled for a mile.

stopped at the truck and noticed i was down on coolant and my back shock has been leaking for a few weeks now. it wasn't feeling too good. decided to head home, it was only 1:30, but had some laundry to finish, groceries to get, and a bike to prep.

wished i could've stayed longer, don't do much trail riding anymore. can't wait for the fall ride!:clap:

JST

#5 Post by JST »

Did you see who else was there besides Traci?What quads were being tested?

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

saw chris borich, tyler lenig. tim farr, shane hitt, rob hertz, john natalie and jdunk were suppose to be there also. maybe steph p was there, all i saw was long blond hair.

they had some predators and z's, 400ex or 450r(they look the same now) not sure what else. unfortunately no ATK. i only saw them on the trails once and couldn't get a good look going past the pits from the people standing around.

IMO a 12 hour torture test means the quads should be running for 12 hours:confused: i guess thats why i'm not one of them there magazine types.