yesterday's ride!

Jaybr

#11 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by LapTraffic
That is so cool!

What GPS are you using and what software gives you that overlay?

Using a Garmin Etrex Vista with a handlebar mount. The software is Garmin Mapsource, I'd really like the topo software for mapping trails though.

LapTraffic

#12 Post by LapTraffic »

That's very impressive. Does Garmin have a topo setup? Or do you use one of the aftermarket types that has integrated the USGS maps into a software package?

I have one of the older Garmin 12 sattelite jobs, good enough for wanderin around in the woods but nothing compared to the etrex.

Knight440

#13 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by Jaybr
Using a Garmin Etrex Vista with a handlebar mount.  The software is Garmin Mapsource, I'd really like the topo software for mapping trails though.

I found the topo software on Kazar rolleyes.gif do you have the detailed street maps i don't see anything other than the highway in your map If ya don't have it i might be able to help you out PM me and will talk. not sure what i did with the topo software i might still have it ill look.

Around here it's better off with the street map sence we are never too far from the roads rolleyes.gif

How many miles did you guys do on that trip?

4punksdad

#14 Post by 4punksdad »

jay,

thats cool...........I wish we could have ridden the trails I have on the other side of the road. you guys only got to ride 30% of the total trails.

the muddy conditions and the number of riders present would have certainly got me banned from the other areas. Thats why avoided them. maybe next time I can get you and neil on the other trail if you ever decide to come back.

Jaybr

#15 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Knight440
 do you have the detailed street maps i don't see anything other than the highway in your map

That is a street map, there are just no roads around there other than the highway and I was zoomed in tight to show the trails.

How many miles did you guys do on that trip?

About 10 miles.

I looked at the Garmin topo map software and it really didn't show the detail of the hills and creek very well. I'll have to look around for some better software that will work with the GPS.

Joe,
I'd love to get back up there. I'd like to bring my boy up so he can get some practice on the hills before our H/M trip.

4punksdad

#16 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Jaybr

Joe,
I'd love to get back up there.  I'd like to bring my boy up so he can get some practice on the hills before our H/M trip.

cmon over anytime

Jaybr

#17 Post by Jaybr »

just over 2 1/2 hours

Jaybr

#18 Post by Jaybr »

The 500 is great for working and hunting. Does real well in places I wouldn't even consider taking the dale, but nowhere near as fun.

It has
26" Gators
Warn 2500lb winch
Highlifter 1" wheel spacers
Arctic Cat front and rear brush guards

and a snow plow