yesterday's ride!

4punksdad

yesterday's ride!

#1 Post by 4punksdad »

for those of you who care..............check out this link.

http://exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&...&threadid=44197

jay & neil...........it was nice having you over. next time we are going to limit bert to 6 friends smile.gif
the trails were a little crowded

a good time was had by all

4punksdad

#2 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by jmxracer
Where are you guys at in Va. I come through there on my way from Erie , Pa. to virgina beach to visit my son.I'de llike to ride.

I am in front royal, va.
at the intersections of I-81 and I-66 about 1 hr west of washington dc. we ride every sunday.

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

It was a fun day! Took $9 for Jay and I to get about 2/3 of the mud off at the car wash. The tires were still packed full! We had a couple hard to start 'dales to get the day off- mine and Berts Blaze. After that, the quads were great(IMO).
BTW- After meeting two of the "4punks", I'd say you need to change your name- those 2 were great kids! Good job!

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

I had a great time even with all the mud and traffic. I think Nrath and I set record time for a plug change.

A little tuning to fix the stalling and maybe a different map for those trails and you'll be loving the Cannibal.

JMX, Nrath and I are just outside of Richmond.

4punksdad

#5 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I had a great time even with all the mud and traffic. I think Nrath and I set record time for a plug change.

A little tuning to fix the stalling and maybe a different map for those trails and you'll be loving the Cannibal.

JMX,  Nrath and I are just outside of Richmond.

any suggestions on the tuning jay?

thanks for the kind words nrath

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

You probably need to get it hooked up on a laptop and adjust the injector offset, idle, and I'd reset the throttle position while it's hooked up.

You should also try a blaze or even one of the traction maps and see how you like them on the trails. Most of your trails where pretty tight, I never got past 3rd gear in the woods, so a map wiith a smoother low end might help.

4punksdad

#7 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Jaybr
You probably need to get it hooked up on a laptop and adjust the injector offset, idle, and I'd reset the throttle position while it's hooked up.

You should also try a blaze or even one of the traction maps and see how you like them on the trails.  Most of your trails where pretty tight, I never got past 3rd gear in the woods, so a map wiith a smoother low end might help.

ok.................where do I get the software & hardware required. I guess I will have to trade in my toolbox for a laptop biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

You can order it from Optimum Power , all you need it Maintenance and Diagnostics. The Quadshop may also sell it.

If you just want to have the offset lowered and a different map installed, you could pull your ECU and send it to your favorite dealer.

You have to be hooked up to the quad to set TPS and idle.

Mine was running rich from the factory and I dropped the injector offset .01 and it seems better.

a low idle condition will cause stalling.

Jaybr

Trail Map

#9 Post by Jaybr »

Just downloaded the ride data from the GPS, here's a map of the trails we rode.

I really need to get a topo map.

LapTraffic

#10 Post by LapTraffic »

That is so cool!

What GPS are you using and what software gives you that overlay?