Antigo WI ride 11/06/04

cannondale27

Antigo WI ride 11/06/04

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Ready to go!
Left to right Tony(crazy),Wistech,My quad,Iceracer.

Wistech pulled a all nighter to put a motor together for his ride.He is lucky it held together or we were gonna leave him for the bears!Just kidding nice job!And the all nighter didnt slow him down either:clap:

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Didnt take long maybe fifteen minutes and I managed to find a rock under a bunch of leaves.I felt it but kept going till handling got bad.Punctured sidewall.I had a bunch of plugs 6 in big hole and one in small one and Wistech had 3 co2 cartridges.Thanks bud!Off we went.Still holding air all day!

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

A little break along the trail.These trail are actually alot of logging roads with a few narrow sections and lots of big rocks in some sections with some rolling hills.They must have just groomed alot of them in preperation for snowmobiling because I saw alot of fifth gear running although I geared back to 13-42 for the 20in tires.Fast!Sorry I didnt get pics of trail.Too much fun riding to stop for that!Come join us sometime to see them.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

And in Wisconsin it is customary to stop at a bar along the trail:D
No drinking though just soda and pizza.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Wohoo:head: What a great ride. I picked up my first Timborod equipt crank at 2:00 in the afternoon friday ,had the motor fully assembled by 11:00 pm,installed in the moto and pushed the start button at 2:00AM. I had a little trouble with an questionable stator/ flywheel setup so I installed an new one and by 3:30 had the plastic on and ready to go. I even had time to put a hitch on my van ,run home and take a shower and beat everyone to the trails.

So Steve ,what do you think of Tony? Can that kid ride or what? He has true natural talent.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

He is nuts!Rides a absolutly stock 400ex with Ohlins fronts.Took most of the day for him to blow a corner but he was on the verge in alot of them.Did you see him on the side in the last leg back?He didnt make corner and had to stop cause he was scraping the side of that ledge.Had to pass him there.I wish I were 18 again.No fear!

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Ya when I went past I had to give him a courtesy roost. Dang kids:drink:

wistech

#8 Post by wistech »

By the way both Dales had TIMBORODS on board.

dalewannbe

#9 Post by dalewannbe »

Wistecher, is your motor stock, less the crank and rod?

I regret no riding 27's at the group ride to see how that 450 feels. I hope to meet up with you cheeseheads sometime though!

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

Since this engine has the SSM case I decided to keep it as stock as possible. It was built with stuff I had laying around. Its got 03 cams with my decompression mod,stock 02 piston,. The crank is an FX400 crank that a dealer threw away because they claimed it was junk. The rod had some wear so I used a timbomoose custom rod and z400 bearing. I had to do some mods to get the fx crank to work in a SSM case like cut down the stator mounts and use a long snout flywheel. Im running a moto/speed map with a quiet core in the titanium pipe. My total cost for parts was around $150.

I rode Steve's quad for a while and his definatly has a little more giddy up than a stocker. Nothing overwhelming but it had more low and midrange. They were both a joy to ride.