4punks snowball soup

Knight440

#11 Post by Knight440 »

i cant find a way to plug the digital cam corder into the PC...........dammit

Model? Ill point ya in the right direction:)

What operating system win98,2000,XP

XP is the best for this and the easyest it's about the only good thing about XP:rolleyes:

4punksdad

#12 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Knight440
Model? Ill point ya in the right direction:)

What operating system win98,2000,XP

XP is the best for this and the easyest it's about the only good thing about XP:rolleyes:

camera is a cannon.........the pc is a sony vaio running xp

wyndzer

#13 Post by wyndzer »

Go to Staples or Best Buy and get a "dazzle". I use the dazzle 80. It interfaces through either the composite cables or s-video.

4punksdad

#14 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by wyndzer
Go to Staples or Best Buy and get a "dazzle".  I use the dazzle 80.  It interfaces through either the composite cables or s-video.

the helmet cam is not mine............I simply borrowed the guys camera to try and make a hard copy. I cant get it plugged into either my vcr or my PC. but the taped action is real cool. We got the footage of bertman breaking his nose! I need my own helmet cam next!

wyndzer

#15 Post by wyndzer »

I know what you have to do, if it's like my Canon you need to change the setting for the Av-DV out to "off". On mine it is menu- vcr set up -- av/dv output (on or off) choose off.

LapTraffic

#16 Post by LapTraffic »

Are you guys using S video out of the camera?

What are you using for video capture on the computer. Ie what software? Do you have to have and special vid card for capture or are you using somthing else?

wyndzer

#17 Post by wyndzer »

When I capture video on my computer I use the s-video or either the composite cables out of the camera and then I use a "dazzle 80" and Microsoft movie maker to capture the video on the computer. It is very simple to do, the dazzle uses a usb connecton into the computer.

www.dazzle.com

Knight440

#18 Post by Knight440 »

Wyndezer that program rocks just got the update to moive maker 2 much better than the first version :cool:

As far as conecting the cam to the PC I use the win-tv card it works great I also have a win-tv usb set up for my laptop that works pretty good and was pretty cheep, I think that the dazzle 80 is probley a better buy if all your looking for is to get the video on the PC.

4punks do you have any video IN on your PC? most the pc's ic only have video out.

4punks if you can get it on a vhs tape you can mail it too me and i rip it on to the PC for ya and mail it right back to ya along with a copy on cd and i think i can host it on my web site too if ya would like.

LapTraffic

#19 Post by LapTraffic »

would this work with hi 8 cameras or only digital?

Thanks smile.gif

Knight440

#20 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by LapTraffic
would this work with hi 8 cameras or only digital?

Thanks smile.gif

Both Lap I use a Hi8,,,,,, I am saving for a new digtal:rolleyes: