4punks snowball soup

LapTraffic

#21 Post by LapTraffic »

Ok, I have a camera and a computer and the deep burning desire to put my video onto my computer.

What exactly do I need to make this work? Is it expensive?

4punksdad

#22 Post by 4punksdad »

the owners manual to the camera shows me needing a "DV" wire. I am headed to radio shack to get one. Hopefully this will work.

Knight440

#23 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by LapTraffic
Ok, I have a camera and a computer and the deep burning desire to put my video onto my computer.

What exactly do I need to make this work?  Is it expensive?

Ok first you need to get the two hooked up do you have a video IN option on your PC? if not here's what you should get

http://www.dazzle.com/products/dvc80.html

Or if you would like to watch tv on your PC i would recomened a Wintv product

http://www.hauppauge.com/html/wintvpvrusb_...b_datasheet.htm
thats the USB version I have that and the WINTV digtal theater

once you get the PC to the cam hooked up the next thing you need is the software by any chance do you have windows XP? the key here is the file size both the Dazzle and the WinTv will come with software that will do the trick but the file size maybe big with windows XP comes the Windows movie maker and that thing is great for compressing file size i can put a hr long vid on my pc and it's only like 120megs

Any questions fell free to ask John

Knight440

#24 Post by Knight440 »

Originally posted by 4punksdad
the owners manual to the camera shows me needing a "DV" wire. I am headed to radio shack to get one. Hopefully this will work.

4p I was just on canon's web site and yes it looks like you need that cable is this your cam? it didn't come with this cable?

4punksdad

#25 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Knight440
4p I was just on canon's web site and yes it looks like you need that cable is this your cam? it didn't come with this cable?

says the cable is optional in the owners manual...............guess my buddy didn't choose that "option"

I need the wire. I will get it then ask the rest of my questions smile.gif