rausch creek 4/10

cdrookie

#1 Post by cdrookie »

derno also reported that a red dale, and it's rider, went for a little tumble on a long straight away in the woods. not sure who was riding but your dales were the only red ones there dawzie!

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Wow! All I can say is a V-force holds alot of water and my wife is extremely durable. I thought for sure one of us was coming out of that with a broken bone. All is good I got the Force running and changed the oil and such. We need some new plugs and a clean filter, but other than that we are good. smile.gif

cdrookie

#3 Post by cdrookie »

so is mrs derno ready for tower city?

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Believe it or not she was out there in the driveway with me last night handing over tools and asking, "Is it gonna run again?" So I think she will be ok. We will have to set up a tower city trip soon so let's start working on a date. Saturdays are looking ok.

Just so everyone knows what happened. My wife and I were riding the trails at Rausch and evrything was going well when we came upon an uphill. Well me being a dummy I forgot this hill had a sharp left at the top. I got all the way up quickly jumped off my quad and ran back to the turn. I didn't think she would even try the hill. Well sure enough I hear the motor coming up over the hill. She crested the hill I was standing right in front of her waving her to turn left. Well she turned right and gased it. I quickly jump on the front of the quad grabbing brakes. We then wind up down the side of a ditch and flipped into the huge pool of water at the bottom. I look back at the hill cause I don't see my wife. Only to realize she was under the quad. I reach down and yank her out. Realize the water is frigging cold. Some guys (about 8) help drag it back up the hill we went down. Man we were very lucky. Only damage to my wife was bruises same with me. Even the machine was in good shape. I stripped it down last night and the only thing I could find was a crack on the fender support which isn't even necessary. Not too bad when you think about what could have happened.

I am just glad she came out of it ok!smile.gif

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

That V-Force is just so big, your wife was going so fast, and you were in the middle of the trail looking so small compared to that V-Force, that she thought you were an ant on the trail....LOL
:rotf :rotf :rotf

J/K Derno... Glad to hear Ms. D is ok....

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by kdeal
That V-Force is just so big, your wife was going so fast, and you were in the middle of the trail looking so small compared to that V-Force, that she thought you were an ant on the trail....LOL
:rotf :rotf :rotf

J/K Derno... Glad to hear Ms. D is ok....

I did look like a bug attached to the bumper when we were going down hill! Man that thing is a hefty beast!

JLHUGHES750

#7 Post by JLHUGHES750 »

Derno
was that the part where in the Rausch HS last fall they had a sharp lefter down into a ravine and staight up the other side then hard left on top back onto the rollercoaster hills....or not go down and continue around 50yds. more or so around the lefty loop and onto the rollercoasters.....?

that group i was with had some first timers and we were running that straight away in the woods heading towards the poleline....I remember the hardleft and raised my hand and dropped in......up the otherside and there was a jump halfway up.... at the top then hard left....my buddy chuck went right up right on my grab bar........ we were ok.....then I thought....they don't know theres a way around....Matt on his new 450R (firsttime in the woods on a quad).......he goes for it...yeilds at the top....rolls back...pops the clutch and pins it..........:clap: ........perfect backflip....:head:
....:cry: ...............ggets back on and makes it the secons time!!!!:head: .............no damage.