dumont

jfarrar

dumont

#1 Post by jfarrar »

had a chance to throw some paddles on and head out to dumont while in cali.all i can say is wow.i can only imagine what the bigger places like glamis and them are like.i had a blast.the dunes were steep and there were lots of natural jumps and table tops.you dont realize how tall and steep the dunes are till you turn around and start heading back down.high winds left some huge razorbacks which even made it more interesting.would highly recommend it to anyone.

cdsracer

#2 Post by cdsracer »

Sand is fun! Glamis is huge, but the dunes aren't as tall as Dumont. I love the tall, steep stuff...you should try to make it to Sand Mountain some time, tall, steep, and no one there. Buttery smooth sand allows for some nice sideways action and the bowl makes dumont's bowl look more like a plate. Glad you had fun in the sand, that's my favorite playground!

LapTraffic

#3 Post by LapTraffic »

Were headed to Saint Anthonies in May, that is some killer tall steep dune action. I cant wait!

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

Saint Anthonys ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh in June for me.:head: Heres a pic of Dumont..

J. Delaney

#5 Post by J. Delaney »

I was hoping to get to St. Anthonies some time this year, but the wife is due the first part of May. I don't think I will be able to make any long road trips this year. :cry:

jcmpunk

#6 Post by jcmpunk »

Dumont looks crazy! When I get my quad I want to head out there; I live 3 hours from.

In huevos 6 they have a sweet section with some dales at dumont! Does anyone know if it rideable during the summer? Thanks.

Sandstorm

#7 Post by Sandstorm »

Dumont.. June, July, Aug = 110 degrees. No thanks..

jcmpunk

#8 Post by jcmpunk »

Oh geez . . . yeah, I'll just go to pismo!sad.gif