Saint Anthonys trip report...

Sandstorm

Saint Anthonys trip report...

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Wow!! These are the best dunes in the country.. About 7 or 8 miles of 200-300 ft dunes out to Devils Dune and Choke Cherry Hill.. I go every year and appreciate these dunes more and more.. It was as crowded as last year and I went on the 4th of July weekend last year. I saw trucks from at least 12 states and some from Canada. My Dale couldn't get up Choke on Sat as the sand was wet and heavy. I filmed a stock 450r get up.sad.gif Man that was depressing.. YFZ's get up it no matter what..My Dales long travel front end rises up and just makes the rear want to dig. I made it up Friday in 2nd at redline. Nice virgin sand each day as the rain came and the wind blew overnight.. Saw some quads on NOS. There were about 20 Predators or more and a zillion Z400's.. I saw two other Dales. One just had the ATK motor treatment. I raced the other one (Glamis) up CCH and lost by a little. He ran 21" to my 20" tires and was probably at least 30 lbs lighter. Got it on vid. The bro's hot cammed Z400 ran very well up CCH and very close to my Dale. It did not make it up on Sat either.. There was about 35 rails chewing up the sand and making it very very choppy.. If you have never been to Saint Anthonys you are missing out on the BEST dunes in the U.S.

Idahocannibal

#2 Post by Idahocannibal »

Nice to hear you had a good time. Haven't made it over there since last October, I think I'm going through withdrawls. Still working on getting the dale going. I have a buddy down in Salt Lake that goes to Little Sahara once in a while. I would like to go check those out sometime, maybe we will have to hook up for a fall ride.:head:

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

Oct is the best. Pick a weekend.. SA's is the SHIAT!!!:wow

fyrmedic

#4 Post by fyrmedic »

Yeah, a fall ride would be great!!! I'm ALWAYS up for it!!

fyrmedic

#5 Post by fyrmedic »

Sounds like a great time, Sand!! Did you get rained on while out riding?? are you going to L.S. this weekend with Ryan??

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

Yes we got rained on. It rained every afternoon. I'm gonna meet Ryanstones Sat evening..

Idahocannibal

#7 Post by Idahocannibal »

Oh yea, SA is awesome. Its only about 90 minutes from where I live so I'll be going almost every weeked until the snow starts to fly when my motor gets back and it runs for more than 15 minutes without any problems. :mad: I don't know if you would want to make another trip up here this year, if not I'll make at least one trip down there.