Cheesehead Glamis Trip

thedeatons

#91 Post by thedeatons »

Hey Steve.... If ya play follow the leader and wear chap stick, you will have the sandy lips later. smile.gif I've said before we only play follow the leader, same as MX racing but in the sand. Drag racing is usually only fun once for me, and there will always be someone faster so what is the point really.... I'd rather play with my friends.

As far as filters, I use a No-Toil dual stage on all of our bikes. After 3-4 days in the dunes they look like a potato, but never let any sand through. No reason to bring a spare with the safe filter location of the Dale. Plus No-Toils are made in USA (Cali), only $21, and you don't need an Outerwear.

cannondale27

#92 Post by cannondale27 »

Sand helps digestion laugh.gif

Kuma

#93 Post by Kuma »

I've only seen rangers in camp a couple of times.
Fireworks have always been banned but I don't think there will be any shortage.

desertbound

#94 Post by desertbound »

That was the first time we have ever had rangers in our camp. We camped right next to their station for 30+ years at Buttercup. Now the spot is paved and a hospital/jail is there. I guess they figured we wouldn't be stupid enough to do anything illegal that close. Plus we honestly have nothing to hide out there. This was just a fluke thing and the rangers trying to be hard a$$es.

gml1998

#95 Post by gml1998 »

This is my new flag I had made for the Glamis trip.Made by Devil Woman Flags.(dwflags.com)
It was 20.00 plus shipping for the flag only.(no pole) I e-mailed a pic of the Glamis logo to her .The flag is embroidered on both sides

speedracer

#96 Post by speedracer »

Thats looks great,now that you have a flag you should come ride St.Joe park sometime.

Kuma

#97 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (gml1998 @ Dec 11 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is my new flag I had made for the Glamis trip.Made by Devil Woman Flags.(dwflags.com)
It was 20.00 plus shipping for the flag only.(no pole) I e-mailed a pic of the Glamis logo to her .The flag is embroidered on both sides

I've got the hog ring pliers and hog ring if you need them, just let me know and I'll bring 'em out smile.gif

mydreamride

#98 Post by mydreamride »

QUOTE (gml1998 @ Dec 11 2008, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool very nice

cannondale27

#99 Post by cannondale27 »

Hey I have a whip but flag fell off. Kuma what do you do with the hog rings to attach flag good? Mine was just glued on.

Kuma

#100 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 11 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey I have a whip but flag fell off. Kuma what do you do with the hog rings to attach flag good? Mine was just glued on.

Just crimp the flag on the whip with the rings, works great but a little glue couldn't hurt.