Take a ride up Utahs Sand Mtn from the helmet cam..

Sandstorm

Take a ride up Utahs Sand Mtn from the helmet cam..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

On the Athena against a pumped up YFZ. I barely lost.. 3rd gear tapped all the way up...DSL or Cable is a must. It's a 5mb file.........I'll get the angle better next time..

http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/showf...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Smitty911

No access.

#2 Post by Smitty911 »

Need access info.

Smitty

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

You've got to register, about like here. It's basically a forum that you have to be logged in to view anything.

That's a pretty neat vid. I hope I'm not the only one that kept trying to lean my head back so I could see farther out front!! Looks like a pretty long hill. Seems about the same length as Comp hill in Glamis.

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

Nrath,,, Glamis doesn't have anything even close to the size of Sand Mtn.. Comp Hill, Olds Hill, and Sand M O U N T A I N ....smile.gif

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

I meant Olds hill, not Comp. It seemed like the video lasted about as long as the trip up Olds did. Comp seemed smaller than Olds and not as fun. China Wall was the FUN one!!!

Maybe someday I'll get a chance to ride Sand Mtn. for myself!

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

32 seconds full throttle 3rd gear . Thats a long time to be at full throttle going up a hill. Of course that the easy slope. Got any of vids of the fingers to the south. We never did try them.

jackbequick

Re: Take a ride up Utahs Sand Mtn from the helmet cam..

#7 Post by jackbequick »

Originally posted by Sandstorm
On the Athena against a pumped up YFZ. I barely lost.. 3rd gear tapped all the way up...DSL or Cable is a must. It's a 5mb file.........I'll get the angle better next time..

http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/showf...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

what is a Athena? I assume its some type of moded c-dale?

Sandstorm

#8 Post by Sandstorm »

An Athena is a 434 complete jug for a Z400.. Nothing on the fingers or Face yet. My new puter showed up today w/ all my goodies to make a DVD. I will be at a Nascar race in Phoenix this weekend so next weekend I will have vids of the Face also and maybe coming down the Fingers... Yup 32 seconds at full throttle pegged in 3rd gear.. I was beating all the YFZ's w/ just bolt on's.. Lets just say that blue YFZ raced a white one 3x. He lost by one quad length each time. The white one has 2gs in motor work, bigger valves, wr crank, ported to the gills, 45mm carb, and probably a high comp piston, stripped down frame, 21" Ultra lights on .125 wheels... The Athena has a 12.5-1 on 91 octane ported ,cams, 40mm carb.... And we have added weight for jumping and riding hard.. I'd say at least a 50lb machine difference..

jackbequick

#9 Post by jackbequick »

how do you make the z400 into the athena, is there a kit you buy?

Sandstorm

#10 Post by Sandstorm »

The jug is made by Athena. The quad came w/ the jug on it. All I know is how good it runs and Loren Duncan was very impressed by a Utah built motor that was kicking his YFZ's arse's in Oregon... Dab racing in Layton, Utah. Kim Muchmoore was at Dab racing before he formed K&T. K&T is the builder of the 175+hp Crankenstein... Dab racing knows how to build sand machines..