Glamis...last weekend

Josh

Glamis...last weekend

#1 Post by Josh »

Well I took the Blaze out to Glamis for the last time of the year. Temp was 94* and the sand was super soft. There were 6 riders in our group but you could only follow about 3 deep before the sand shifted to much and you had to follow a different line.

We had one of our riders wadd up his banshee due to the soft sand. He was following the same line as the 2 in front of him and then the front end just stuck in the sand and he want over the bars seperating his shoulder. There really wasn't anything he could do I was behind him and witnessed the whole thing. One minute he was on top of the sand the next second it was like quick sand and sucked up the front of his bike.

I went to China wall and the top 20-30ft was like a giant razorback. I was able to hit in in 3rd all the way up and jump off the top. One contestant (the only one willing) had a worked up Predator that tried to give me a decent run but ended up about 2-3 bike lengths behind by the top of the hill. There were also 2 new YFZ's with airboxes adn pipes but they werent on the same level. Both of them belonged to my boss and his son and when they rode my Dale they just kept asking why it was so thumpy and smooth (450 falicon and houser +3 and elkas).

Hopefully I will be able to meet more Dale riders out there this upcoming winter/desert season.

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

Dunes stories...........Heaven.. Ever see Buddah jumping off Choke Cherry Hill in SA's on dunreview.com ????? Well if you want to ride in June come to our ride. Timbomoose and Brad Oakley and many others are coming to Little Sahara, in Utah.. 6 hrs north of Vegas...

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

man, i love riding in the sand dunes,hopefully i can make it over to utah one of these days:) :head: