Dune trips back to back

speed_demon

#1 Post by speed_demon »

Just got back from Pismo and it was great today. Very few people out, weather in the 60's with only a slight breeze. biggrin.gif Went with my buddy that I just sold the ATK to & his bro'. The 505 continued to run crazy strong. Last weekend I let my brother-in-law's nephew drag it against all comers and I just sat back and laughed. He prob only weighs 140-145 (I've got 90+ pounds on him) so he flew on that thing! Only a Raptor 700 was close at first (for about 60-70 foot mark) and a couple pumped bashees were close too. I just loved seeing everyone's faces and hearing all of the, "What's that thing?". Last weekend was busier & sand was a little more damp-so a little choppier. My buddy snapped a few pics, once I get them I'll post em'. Claas900 if you browse this, shoot me a PM, I just moved back to Lemoore and I think you're still in Hanford (right?), if so I'll shoot oyu my address so we can hook up-or you can at least get some seat time on the 505!

Sandstorm

#2 Post by Sandstorm »

Come to Glamis on Feb 9-11.. Wash 13

speed_demon

#3 Post by speed_demon »

I would love to, but I just moved and transfered to a new area for work. I do however have the last week of March and first week of April off. I wouldn't mind traveling a bit to ride (maybe even your neck of the woods or St. Anthony's?). If you get something together let me know!

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

Well we go to our dunes 25x a year. We are heading so SA's on June 8th or something like that.. SA's will still be to cold the first week in April w/ temps not even reaching 50.. I think C27 and others are coming in June to Sa's?? Our big day in Utah is Easter April 8th this year.. More and more out of towners come to race our hill.. There are some scary fast machines.. I don't dare even think about lining up against these YFZ's. They are running on alky, stretched frames, stripped weight -50lbs off of them.. I go to ride and watch and race on the slower whooped out hill where the Hillshooters can't go, because they can't get through the whoops.. If you want to come up to Utah on your week off by all means come on up.. You haven't seen a drag racing hill until you see Sand Mtn.. We have alot of great riding other then Sand Mtn and that's more of the type of riding we like. Just riding around bowling and jumping..

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I am hoping to make it Sandstorm.Like he said awesome time.