June Dune update..

Sandstorm

June Dune update..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Well it was a great ride. This was for others not me. For those that have ridden sand but not Saint Anthonys you can chime in.. C27 motors let go at the end of the last day in SA's.. JDelany has a little coolant leak, but it stopped his day. Sadly both were towed by Buddahs Yoshi 450z.. He laughed, but also felt bad for the owners.. He asked who's next??? My riding got a little faster as the days wore on but only on the big huge smooth bowls. We had about 15 Dales at Sa's but we never all got together at once. To much area, 15,000 acres, and to much fun at different groups.. I couldn't ride to the other campsite as my wrist would not take slow rutted whooped out sand trails for two miles.. We cut my cast off just 4 days prior..
I met Cannonboomer and son, Idaho Cannibal and didn't get to meet a couple others due to me not them..
I like both places for different reasons, but if you want 9 miles of top gear bowls that are 200ft tall then SA's is the biggest roller coaster in the US and you are in the drivers seat, if you aren't following Buddah.....
Now why you guys wouldn't run up Utahs Sand Mtn more then once is beyond me. Oh the heat that hill generates on your motor might have something to do with it.. LOL.. Utah has much better jumps then Idaho..
We also went and saw the worlds largest Copper Mine, 2500ft deep and 2 miles across, and then went to Snowbird at 11,000ft and made some snowballs and rolled them down the mtn.. They got smaller not bigger. LOL The snow is still around 7-8ft deep w/ drifts still at 60ft deep.....
We had some nice juicy steaks at Brad Oakleys house after the copper and snow adventures..
Between C27 Timbo and Wisetech I felt like I was at a seminar for building engines. These guys are good at what they know and do.. I enjoy'd meeting and riding w/ you. To bad Buddah stole my bowling leadership as I was the gimp arm.. Thanks to all those that came!!!!!!!!!!! Those guys can post the pics as to what they thought you would want to see..

J. Delaney

#2 Post by J. Delaney »

That was a great trip! I will definately be making another trip back to Idaho, um I mean Idaho sucks! Don't go there! Go to Glamis!

Hopefully I won't feel the need to irregate the dunes next time. I also wish I could have ridden with Wistech, 27, and Timbo a little more. And I was bummed that my bike broke down when it did. That thing was running pretty **** good up till that point, the wifes bike just wasn't the same.

Thanks for organizing the trip Sand. Next year lets do Oregon!

Idahocannibal

#3 Post by Idahocannibal »

I wish I could of stayed a little bit longer, but I had a great time. It was cool to match some faces to the names. My haydug motor ran great except for it puked some coolant after climbing choke a few times, but other than that it was a good first outing for it.

So what happened to C27's motor?

acarli3

#4 Post by acarli3 »

Had a blast, as always, at Little Sahara with you guys. Sorry I couldn't follow you all to SA. Will try this next year since we are finally picking up a trailer this week.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Had a blast.Quad ran great till last day other than a fried battery and Blew out a paddle tire in the whoops.Learned alot about duning.Definitly a different animal.Our quads were in the game but not setup well enough to run with the big boys up the hills and mountain.Henrys boys earned my respect and know there stuff for sure.Sand mountain and fingers are way harder than any other thing I have ever done to my quad motor.ChokeCherry was peanuts!Henry I did do Sand 3 times and finger once.Choke cherry twice.Found it alot more fun bowling and jumping.All those who didnt go plan on next year around same time.We have over 200 pics and videos to show in next few days.Stay tuned.

J. Delaney

#6 Post by J. Delaney »

Who had the fastest bike?smile.gif

Other than Buddah.

Sandstorm

#7 Post by Sandstorm »

C27 I am anxious to see your pics.. Did you guys like Utah or Idaho better???

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is our buddy Wistech getting some air.I liked Utah best for sure.Whos was fastest?Dont know.Setup makes huge difference and we were all different.Timbos and mine seemed real close.Wistechs stockers werent even in the same league with our stroker motors.But yet Henrys 450 ran right with us.Setup(tires etc.)Matters alot.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Wistech and I were jumping that dune and taking some pics when the coolest thing happened.Right in middle of St.Anthonys all these Dales pulled up.Here is where most of us met.biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

This is choke cherry at St.Anthonys that speck at top is Timbos bud on a Piped,rev boxed YFZ which did make top no problem.Not as fast as our Timbo strokers but impressive nonetheless.There are also pics of what happens when the YFZ runs out of gas halfway up.Scary for us flatlanders!