June Dune update..

cannondale27

#81 Post by cannondale27 »

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

There is a awesome resizer here.Free once it is downloaded all you do is right click on one or all pics and click resize and it will copy pic to whatever size you want.Huge timesaver and its Microsoft so should be safe.Love being able to resize a whole mess of pics at once.

jamiesel

#82 Post by jamiesel »

Looks like you guys had a blast. I was in Africa on a mission trip 3 years in the planning. I will try to make it next year if it happens and will gladly help host an Oregon ride. My family has facilities and I know the Oregon dunes like my own neighborhood. Glad you all had fun and no one got hurt. Most groups have a couple broken or strained wrists on their first dune trip.

Brad Oakley

#83 Post by Brad Oakley »

Maybe it's because Sandstorm was ALREADY injured that everyone else avoided problems! Of course, the fact that he and Buddah really know their stuff when it comes to sand helped keep us novices out of harms way.

All I know is that I'm becoming addicted to the stuff!!!

Oh... One other rule... Stay out of Timbo's roost zone

sad.gif

haydug

#84 Post by haydug »

Well, I guess you all have talked me into going. Set a date, and I'll arrange with buddah on shipping my bike.
The real queastion, which will be more expensive, the trip, or the divorce?? :eek:

Smitty911

Trip or Divorce

#85 Post by Smitty911 »

If any of you have children than you are on the "Cheaper to keep her" Program.

I will have to make the trip to see Henry and ride the little dune area they call Sand Mountian. Something about mountains out of a molehill comes to mind.

Looks like everyone had a great time.

Henry good to see you in the DIY arena with the cast removal system. I also liked you one hander lander. Smart move.

What are the dates? So I can start planning.

Smitty

Sandstorm

#86 Post by Sandstorm »

Well I will leave it up to others. I'm not sure if we can do a coast ride. It is simply to far for the guys back east.. I don't want to speak for them, but they spent a grand in gasoline.. Now add another 14 hrs each way.. Now the guys got really lucky here coming the second week on June and seeing temps only at 70-75. That won't happen next year. SA's anything can happen, but cooler is the norm.. It depends what kind of conditons people want.. Memorial weekend is crowded here, but if you want to see high hp machines and race against heavily modded YFZ's then you will see what fast four strokes are.. It also gives everybody one extra day to ride. Then we could head up to Idaho.. Idaho on Memeorial Day weekend is not a good time to go. All the spots will be gone. Many will leave on Memorial Day and we would arrive a couple days later.. SA's is a great spot for you west coast guys that didn't go. It's a neutral location for alot of people except the Socal boys.. But you socal boys or AZ boys who haven't been to SA's really haven't seen big dunes in all honesty.. You only live once is my saying!! So Doug, Smitty, and Nrath. You'll be glad you came that is for sure!!!

cannondale27

#87 Post by cannondale27 »

I vote for a couple days at Utah then drive to Oregon dont mind a 14 hr extra drive as long as we get some riding in first.Provides a bit of a break.Oregon,Wash,Alaska and Hawaii are last states for me to hit to complete my list.

J. Delaney

#88 Post by J. Delaney »

Here's my new home away from home!

acarli3

#89 Post by acarli3 »

We just got our new Warrier pictured earlier in the thread outfitted with 2 plasma TV's, DVD players, and XBOX. Got some exterior speakers wired up to the system as well. We're leaving tomorrow to take it for it's maiden voyage. Next year we'll stay overnight at the group ride biggrin.gif .

Sandstorm

#90 Post by Sandstorm »

WHOA!! look at the two high dollar suites on wheels..smile.gif So which one is the Taj Mahal and which one is the Bellagio?? LOL