what kind of tires for dunes

azcannon

#11 Post by azcannon »

sandstars look the coolest I think too

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

My Haulers are 22in that I got used about 8 years ago.I have run them at some mud drags and in the snow.Had them mounted on beadlocks for that.I did blow one off the rim in a whoops section at Sand Mountain.With Henrys double rib fronts I had no trouble turning at all.Actually felt really good turning.Also felt like a extra 10hp compared to the Sandstars I borrowed when it blew off rim.

claas900

#13 Post by claas900 »

..You really dont need front tire if your dirt ones are in good shap.
..rears,if you just want to shoot the hill or only go straight Haulers, 8 paddle 21x12x8.About 3.5 psi,but you will have to adj. for your likeing.Dont get Taller Haulers just reg Haulers. Iv heard Gliders work very well also but have never used them.
..Also another note,if you just want to drag. For a short run drag 8 paddle,for a long haul drag 7 paddle.Or even good shape stockers for long drags.
..If you just want to play,and not race a lot.Just run your stock tires,as long as there in shap. About 2 psi. But if you really want to buy paddles and just play,get a V paddle.

claas900

#14 Post by claas900 »

..Also something else. Your going to a everyone and there dog telling you what to run. In Ca. we run a different tires as to someone back east. So im not sure were your at but run what the ppl say to run for were you live. Different types of sand.

azcannon

#15 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by claas900
..You really dont need front tire if your dirt ones are in good shap.
..rears,if you just want to shoot the hill or only go straight Haulers, 8 paddle 21x12x8.About 3.5 psi,but you will have to adj. for your likeing.Dont get Taller Haulers just reg Haulers. Iv heard Gliders work very well also but have never used them.
..Also another note,if you just want to drag. For a short run drag 8 paddle,for a long haul drag 7 paddle.Or even good shape stockers for long drags.
..If you just want to play,and not race a lot.Just run your stock tires,as long as there in shap. About 2 psi. But if you really want to buy paddles and just play,get a V paddle.

Good advice