Glamis - Week between Christmas and New Years

Mjollnir

Glamis - Week between Christmas and New Years

#1 Post by Mjollnir »

Hey guys, looks like we're planning a trip to Glamis over the week between Christmas and New Years. We will plan on being there in the afternoon to evening of the 26th, and we'll be leaving early morning on Sunday the 1st. Anyone who would like to join us is welcome - I'll plan a Tri-Tip dinner for anyone who is going to be there on Thursday, December 29th. smile.gif

The plan will probably be to camp in the washes, but that's by no means certain.

Post up, let me know!

Marc

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Unless I win the lottery between now and then, I won't be able to make it. I would love to come and hang out with you guys again! It was a great time back at the beginning of the year.

badvox

#3 Post by badvox »

Well my first Glamis trip is next weekend so im a dune rookie. By washes do you mean like Gecko or Roadrunner? I have kids so I'm camping as far from the nuts as possible.

Let me know cause I would love to try and make it. Everyone tells me Im going to love the sand after I try it next weekend.

~mike

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by badvox
Everyone tells me Im going to love the sand after I try it next weekend.

You will. I went and now I'm going to have to drive across the country a couple more times this lifetime to get my fix.

Mjollnir

#5 Post by Mjollnir »

Gecko is Gecko, Roadrunner is Roadrunner, the washes are the washes. smile.gif

Gecko is the road that somewhat borders the West side of the riding area. It has 3 camping "pads" on it. The last one on the road is called Roadrunner. That is where the partiers camp.

The washes are on the east side of the dunes, along the railroad tracks. Check out this map:

http://www.sandbros.com/glamis/GlamisMap2.jpg

We camped at wash 13.5, which is a very popular area for the family crowd, and also where the folks from GlamisDunes.com camp. Good place to visit. It is a bit quieter, aside from the trains, but the Gecko pads are ON the sand, no riding. You need to ride a mile or so on sandy trails to get to the big dunes from the washes. The nice thing is that that mile has lots of small dunes that are great if you have small kids.

http://glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?...showtopic=12358

We'll be in the washes over Christmas and New Years, most likely.

Marc

badvox

cool cool

#6 Post by badvox »

Thanks for posting that. I have no plans for that time line so I am going to mark it up.

Sounds like a good time.

~mike

badvox

Thanks Mjollnir

#7 Post by badvox »

Saweet Mjollnir!!

Guess where we camped!! :clap: :clap: 13.5 right. It was absolutely awesome for the kids. Thanks a million for your post.

We had a great time. 2 quads broke but it wasnt my ATK!!

I'll post some pics on a new thread.

Mike

Mjollnir

#8 Post by Mjollnir »

Looks like I have to cancel this trip. Oh well, things just haven't worked out schedule-wise. Sorry for anyone who was planning to attend but hey, you can still go!

Marc

wanablaze

#9 Post by wanablaze »

Did you win the lottery yet, Jess? smile.gif

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Nope. I tried to win the big one and i was just going to buy Glamis but it didn't work out.