Great day today..

Sandstorm

Great day today..

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Went to the dunes. Sand was really wet.. Did some great bowling and jumping. Sand Mtn was like quicksand. Nobody was running the hill. We certainly didn't.. The bro got his headpipe for the 700Raptor. It runs real good.. We ran Mini Sand Mtn and Mount Mutha. Mount Mutha is really steep w/ no run. Sand was very heavy so hill climbs were challanging today and hard on the motor.. Anyway since nobody ever post here I thought I would.

Sand is a drug!!! You can't get enough!!

Exodus

#2 Post by Exodus »

So is he still happy with the 700? I'm hoping to run into one of those flashy new state of the art yamahas. I'd like to see for myself what fuel injection is really like. LOL

Just given ya a hard time. I am curious though if the ecu will be smart enough for other mods, like cams or porting. Your in that circle, has there been anykind of news on how you can reprog the ecu for mods like that?

cannibalq8

#3 Post by cannibalq8 »

Hey Henry

plz let me know how the 700R perform against yfz's,trx450..etc.. I have a friend who is interest of getting the 700R.

I heard that stk 700R can beat piped yfz .. is that right ?

Also how can u re-map it after putting pipe for example?

thanks

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

A stock 700 will get waxed by a piped YFZ.. The 700 is actually pretty fast. I wouldn't say my quad has anything on it.. Buddah just put on a headpipe. All he had was the slip on.. The head pipe is now out and we ran it last weekend.. It ran better. He is still fooling w/ the Dobeck controller and getting better results each time.. Maybe he will let DAB get a hold of it this winter.. The Raptors are very twitchy in the sand.. Even w/ a 51" front end it still has some twitch to it.. The Raptor is begging for a cam.. That will be when they come out.. OA it's a pretty good machine. Climbs all the big steep dunes I climb in the same gear on my quad and Buddah is 40lbs heavier then me..

cannibalq8

#5 Post by cannibalq8 »

Thanx for info smile.gif