Crankendale and Suzy 450 ride report

Sandstorm

Crankendale and Suzy 450 ride report

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

The Suzy's gearing is just awful for dunes and paddles. It fell on it's face up the bigger hills when shifting to 3rd. This is w/ a drop in one tooth on the countershaft. Buddah ran 21" 10 paddle Gliders and all this sprocket change was bring the gearing back to stock w/ tall 21" tires.. Now w/ no paddles it ran very very good w/ some 20" Z400 tires.. The Suspension is great.. The front is super smooth and the back just pounds through whoops.. I would say as good as a Dale. The seat is very good. The quad looks like it would ride like a YFZ since it looks very similar in staure,, Wrong.. The DAB Athena will still out run it in a small to medium way.. Does that make sence????

My quad pulled Sand Mtn in 4th all the way up. Sand Mtn was a mess also w/ very heavy sand.. The engine mods I did were good for one extra gear up any hill.. It accelerates a little faster, but it's on the top end where it shines.. It just keeps pulling and pulling w/ no drop off in power.. Feels like a freight train on topend as you think it will drop off but it doesn't..

I pulled Mount Mutha in 3rd in less then ideal conditons as the sand was dry on top but wet about 3" down.. Some guys at the top were definetly taking notice.. I have video if anybody wants to host it????

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I can host it.The stroker wont be stopped by any hill.Sounds good.Did you try it with a Canniboomer setup?
Send video
stvspiering@charter.net

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

I will make video tomorrow. It's from far away on Mount Mutha. Buddahs vids go to dunereview since they aren't Dale related...

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

How did it do against Athena?

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

The Athena beat it. We didn't race them, but you could tell pretty easily. I took the LT up Sand Mtn.. I turned out only 1/3rd the waaay up. It fell on it's face in 3rd due to heavy wet sand and gearing.. Buddah never did take it up and conditons were terrible.. The LT soaked up the whooops at the bottom like PUPPY CHOW!!!! Buddah was on the Crankendale and I went up behind him and got left waaaay behind. The gearing is just terrible on the LT. For dirt it will work great. Dunes is a different animal. Now throw in some wet heavy sand and it gets worse. In time you can bet Buddah isn't gonna stand for my quad to be faster.

I can edge out the Athena now where before the wife would just pull away, oh the wife is 60lbs lighter though.... She could hit 5th on my quad, how far into the rpm range I don't know..:wow :wow :wow :wow

The Glamis ride we will bring 3 DAB machines. K&T who built Crankenstein is now doing Z400 big bore and strokers.. :eek::hammer:

J. Delaney

#6 Post by J. Delaney »

Did you do a 460 kit AND a Falicon?

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes he did!and DAB porting:clap: About time he decided to stop dicking around.LOL.Only thing that will probably run with it are the Monster motor of Toms and Wistechs.I will probably be out of hunt.

Sandstorm

#8 Post by Sandstorm »

Video on it's way C27..

cannibalq8

#9 Post by cannibalq8 »

" K&T who built Crankenstein is now doing Z400 big bore and strokers "..

I was with Kim , Rayce and Randy overhere in UAE for the big race and they didnt mention that.

K&T KICKS *** AGAIN AND AGAIN AND WON THE OPEN CLASS ... THEY BEAT TRINITY CHEETAH W/NOS !!!!

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is the video.Is this the Dale or the LT?
http://media.putfile.com/Crankendale21