Dumont Dunes Dale sightings...

badvox

Dumont Dunes Dale sightings...

#1 Post by badvox »

Just got back home from a great trip to Dumont Dunes.

I spotted 2 dales out there.

1 I am pretty sure was TraumaRN from here. I couldn't give chase cause we were with the kids getting ice.

1 was a woman/girl on one with Black plastics. Dont have any idea who that was.

I finally got up the nerve to shoot that hill. Im deathly afraid of heights ya know. smile.gif Well I fought back a little of that fear and just hit it!! Man it was all gravy after that first time and man was it fun.

A couple people I was with tried my quad and all of them stalled it over and over. LOL One thing I definitely learned is that I need some straight paddles to stay planted and not bury myself.
My geckos were more like shovels and they slid way too much for my liking. So Im thinking a 9 paddle staright should be just fine.

One of the guys claims my quad doesnt have enough horse power for a straight 9 paddle. I think it will be fine dont you?

J. Delaney

#2 Post by J. Delaney »

Try a Sandstar. Mine hook up really well, turn pretty good, and even side hill decently. It's a pretty good all around tire.

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

Put a 21" tire no matter what on an 8" wheel. I'd run a 8 or 9 paddle Glider. Gliders kick up nothing and you get great foward movement.. See my sig also. Alot of people in Utah run Gliders on the Mtn as keeping the revs up on our steep or long hill is a must. I have a set of 20" Sand Devils you are welcome to try out.. They are a great tire for a low low price, 125 bones on wheels.. Our hill is twice as tall as Dumonts and just as steep..

TraumaRN

#4 Post by TraumaRN »

Was that you on the red and black vr-450??? Mine was the silver on silver with black flag with white syringe. I was riding my brother-in-laws Predator waving at you and a buddy was riding my 'dale. I tried to get you to stop but it looked like you had to catch up with someone.
had a good trip, hope you did, too!

TraumaRN

#5 Post by TraumaRN »

my response was weak and an edit was necessary.

NEW RESPONSE:

Yeah punk, you'd run away with elbows by your sides, hands out, knees straight, looking over your left shoulder and giggling. Then you would stop pick a flower and stay in that position hoping for me to run into you. tongue.gif

TraumaRN

#6 Post by TraumaRN »

okay, okay, this one's for real:

You'd run away like a nancy-boy 'cause i'm a male nurse and will flat out kick that *** seabass!

How ya like me now byatch!

TraumaRN

#7 Post by TraumaRN »

that's right, no response after 1 minute. must be skeert.sad.gif

TraumaRN

#8 Post by TraumaRN »

I just got back from a 4 day weekend of beer and riding. This is the best i can do with my tortured exhausted mind.
Cmon, these are the jokes people!:clap:

badvox

#9 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by TraumaRN
Was that you on the red and black vr-450??? Mine was the silver on silver with black flag with white syringe.  I was riding my brother-in-laws Predator waving at you and a buddy was riding my 'dale. I tried to get you to stop but it looked like you had to catch up with someone.
had a good trip, hope you did, too!

Yup that was me. I figured that was you. I know you go to Dumont and Ive seen that quad on here. I was lookin for your camp to say hellp after I dropped the ice off. I think I found it
bbut wasnt sure cause I didnt see the dale anywhere.

Did you see the all black one out there?

TraumaRN

#10 Post by TraumaRN »

Saw the black one briefly pass camp, but it disappeared behind a motorhome never to be seen again.