Silver Lake 06 w/pics

MichiganMXer722

#1 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

Being that spring is here that means its time to head north and do some riding! We left last wednsday and were ready to do sum duning biggrin.gif

By the time we got there the sun was out and the wind blowing

We proceeded to ride all day. We had the place to ourselves, no DNR nothing. I never bought any permits are payed any fee's, I didn't even run a spark arrestor wink.gif

Unfortuantly there aren't many pics of me due to the fact that my dig. camera is hard to get used to but ti do have a few

Headless

The Dale

We woke up to clouds and 60 degree's thursday morning

And continued to ride

My old 400ex still getting it done

This is what happens when u drive a Chevy

Group shot
[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/flyinfarmer/SL8.jpg[/img]
Thursday night we talked my friend into getting in a drier, i think beer had something to do with this laugh.gif
[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/flyinfarmer/SL12.jpg[/img]

Friday morning we awoke to rain, no big deal it was in the forecast. After going out to our trailer we realized someone had stolen a few of our flags mad.gif After more inspection we realized my RIS gas cap and my friends 450r gas cap were gone and tanks full of water! Apparently they didn't care about all the tools in the truck just gas caps and flags... It was time to head home, although everyone was pretty down after finding out someone took our stuff
[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/flyinfarmer/SL14.jpg[/img]

Overall it was a good trip, dale ran good. Just one broke nerf bar...
I'll have more pics by the end of the week. Should have some sweet video edited down by next weekend to post also!!

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

We keep talking about a trip to silver lake but always end up going out west. Maybe this year will be different. Have you run the trails near the dunes? It would be cool to dune one day and trail the next.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

I really have to get up there. I'm going to try to make it this summer.

MichiganMXer722

#4 Post by MichiganMXer722 »

I've never personally rode the trails around silver lake, although there are quite a few about 45 minutes East of there. I'm not big into to trail riding but from what i've heard from friends is there nice until it gets hot out. I guess the trails turn into a giant dust ball full of whoops. If anyone is going to vist silver lake this summer let me know, always up for some riding

hawksd1

#5 Post by hawksd1 »

Where is silver lake ...looks like a nice place to ride ...sorry to hear about other peoples envy in your toys

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Its in Michigan next to Lake Michigan.