Roll call for Glamis Feb 8th-11th

Sandstorm

#11 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Feb 6 2007, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Boy I am jealous.Have fun guys!Let us all know if Sandstorm kicks butt tongue.gif

I plan on pulling Olds Anthill in 4th at redline w/ stock gearing and my tall 21" tires.. That should be good for mid 50's.. I'm bringing 5 sets of paddles. ohmy.gif

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

laugh.gif Anthill laugh.gif

You crack me up.But you are right!

Sandstorm

#13 Post by Sandstorm »

Wyoduner or I will get some good videos..

Smitty911

#14 Post by Smitty911 »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Feb 7 2007, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I plan on pulling Olds Anthill in 4th at redline w/ stock gearing and my tall 21" tires.. That should be good for mid 50's.. I'm bringing 5 sets of paddles. ohmy.gif

Sandgod,

I still have not gotten back my paddles that I loaned when they all came out two years ago. You think you could spot me a pair that you aren't using?

The difference is you will leave Glamis with them unlike what I did. Live and learn.

Smitty

rayspeed

#15 Post by rayspeed »

Smitty,
I will have two sets available if you need them but they are spares and pretty near worn out so we will have you covered one way or the other.
My throttle finger is starting to itch, its a good thing that my motorhome doesnt have a thumb throttle or I would get about 2 mpg.
See you there,
Ray

Sandstorm

#16 Post by Sandstorm »

Smitty I'm not sure I can let you borrow any. Then you'd know my secret to speed!!! smile.gif LOL

thedeatons

#17 Post by thedeatons »

You guys need a big fat Cannondale banner... a close second is a Nac's Racing banner, still available for $20... Just a thought....

P.S. Look for ours just about every month at Sand Mt. Nevada!!

Smitty911

#18 Post by Smitty911 »

WOW,

What a ride.

History, motor out for a while getting Falicon and stuff done.

Motor assembly by Wade Wilcox.

Instalation by AZCANNON

I have no idea of what map is in her but, wow.

Lugged it around in 4th, pin throttle, off she goes.

More power, more torque, arms hurts, legs burn, back sore, Great Ride.

Lined up against a LTR 450 I'm about 50 lbs more than the other rider. Up Olds first go I pull him. 4th gear topped out.

Second run, bounced though the whoops, tied at the top.

Third, pulled him a little tried 5th, bad move no motord gear.

Forth - Good start, tapped out in third though whoops, kicked 4th out of whoops tapped out in 4th at the top.

Duning, whenever I needed to catch up, just pin and go. Unreal.

Didn't race SandStorm, he pulled the same LTR by 7-8 quads by the top, scary fast watching him just pull away from the guy, about the same size.

No leaks, no drips, no overheating, no worries.

Great to meet the new folks out there. Sandnski, Fig, rayspeed, etc.

Henry Thanks for the Paddles now I know what I need to get, paddles and porting. LOL

I will let Henry speak for hisself, but his quad is fast, darn fast.

Smitty

yamadjs08

#19 Post by yamadjs08 »

I must have missed you Smitty, I left on Friday. I had a blast, besides the chopped dunes, still a great time and I'm going to find some way to make it back out again soon. I want to try St.Anthony's first though.

Oh and YES Sandstorms cannondale is FAST! I felt like I was riding a 400ex when I got back on my dale... Wow!

surf2snow1

#20 Post by surf2snow1 »

Thanks guys. It was a fun short ride I was on. Yesterday I decided to fix the quad....originally thought it would be a spun flywheel. Well I was relived when I found out it was just a sheared woodruff key. Went by our local parts shop and slapped a new one in. Up and running perfectly.

thanks Smitty, rayspeed, and Henry for the help getting the broken-dale back to camp wink.gif Now I have two more things to add to the tool kit. Flywheel puller and extra keys hahah