Back from the Monsters in Idaho..

Sandstorm

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Rain was the order of the day for the first day... We got in a good morning ride before it came. All the way to Devils Dune, Choke Cherry and back.. A good 2hr ride.. Sand was really wet.. The Dale ran great other then I was a mile from camp and it died.. Buddah pulls back another Dale to camp on the Yoshi.. My battery took a dump.. It was only 5 months old.. Must of lost a plate inside???? Bought a new battery at the "Pit Stop" and was good to go..The Athena had a water pump leak that took me a day and a half to get sorted out. Finally did.. Raced a 505z and beat it. The Yoshi ran great and beat the 505 as well.. My girlfriend crashed the Yoshi coming down a 150ft dune directly across from Choke Cherry Hill... It was a scary crash as the quad landed on her twice.. Ripped her boot right off her leg.. Got it all on the helmet cam.. NASTY!!! She got up though after 15 minutes and took an 8 mile ride back to camp in a 100k rail.. blink.gif Blew the front left and rear right tires off the bead.. Had to go 8 miles and get two wheels and tires and bring them back 8 miles to get the Yoshi back to camp.. Bent the LS steering stem.. Looked like a lifefight crash for sure.. The gf is sore, but she rode later in the day.. We were also cruising out to the dunes another day and got about a half mile out there and here comes a guy on a dirtbike 10ft high off a blind dune in the air and lands between two people in our group as we are riding.. Nobody heard or saw him till he came over the top of the dune doing about 35mph..He was jumping w/o a spotter. Got that on the helmet cam. What a freakin DUMB ARSE!!! Vids to come in a few days when I get time..

acarli3

#2 Post by acarli3 »

Wish I could have joined you guys. Sounds like fun with some frustration mixed in. Jenn and I hit some trails today. First ride since replacing all the balljoints...needed to test everything out before I go back to the dunes. I'd hate to get out there and find something wrong. May be headed to the dunes on Thursday??? Look forward to seeing the vids.

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

Okay got the videos done,, It's on putfile.com My user name there is Sandstorm4... When I post a link it's my actual home page that only I am supposed to see so I'm not posting the direct link yet.. Enjoy!!

banzairx7

#4 Post by banzairx7 »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Jun 13 2006, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay got the videos done,, It's on putfile.com My user name there is Sandstorm4... When I post a link it's my actual home page that only I am supposed to see so I'm not posting the direct link yet.. Enjoy!!

I can't find anything by your username. There doesn't seem to be a search by username option.

acarli3

#5 Post by acarli3 »

I had the same problem. Couldn't find them and no search feature by username. You can search by video title it appears.

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

This seems to work

www.putfile.com/sandstorm4