cannibal

tboatman

#1 Post by tboatman »

I am looking to purchase a brand new still in crate cannibal at a local dealer and would like to know about any problems the bike might have and how dependable are they? They are asking 5200 for the bike is that a fair price?

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

I hope you got the 5 and the 2 switched. That would be a fair price. Someone else just bought a new cdale from an old dealer for 3500 bucks. That's what I paid for mine also. 5200 is way too much.

azcannon

#3 Post by azcannon »

WAY TOO MUCH, TRY 2800 FOR A BLACK ONE WITH PERFECT EVERYTHING

MyCannibal

#4 Post by MyCannibal »

yeah seein how its prolly been sittin with green fluid in it and is all corroded.....5200 is steep...the dealer gotta remember that they dont make these things anymore and it's gonna have a lot of upgrades to do to get it reliable...what year cannibal is it?

Canniboomer

#5 Post by Canniboomer »

..up to $3200 is still quite decent for the increasingly rare crated units. You would still be happy up to $3500, depending the color and rarity of the plastic, and the type of shocks, tires/wheels, bars, seat, and if they will give you a nice clean cert of origin. Good luck, and we hope you can snag it and join the crowd.

tboatman

#6 Post by tboatman »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Jul 7 2006, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
..up to $3200 is still quite decent for the increasingly rare crated units. You would still be happy up to $3500, depending the color and rarity of the plastic, and the type of shocks, tires/wheels, bars, seat, and if they will give you a nice clean cert of origin. Good luck, and we hope you can snag it and join the crowd.

The bike is red and they are telling me it is red, I really appreciate the info but what type of upgrades are required to make it dependable.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

I'm not a fan of tearing into tight new machines, and usually run them for about 50 hours or more while watching the oil filter for anything magnetic. (that's a whole season for some people). Popping the clutch cover and clutch-pak off to inspect around for loose bolts is highly advised after the first day of riding. It would immediately need a coolant system flush and unclogging of the bleeder port on the impeller cover, and Evans NPG+ coolant until the teardown. An upgraded battery is also advised. If they have ever added fuel to it, figure on new fuel fittings or less convenient "gutting" to avoid huge headaches and an early fuelpump failure.

On a red cannibal, look for Ohlins shocks, vs. plain black front Arvins. Nowadays, the full Ohlins package is worth a solid $400 more. If it has Arvins, they may need immediate upgrade from a missed recall, but that is cheap < $50.

If it's an '02, it may be a cable clutch model, still great (maybe better), but worth less as it sits in the crate.

In the end, after a full teardown and crank upgrade, bolting, fresh head check etc, you still have the best deal on a superb ATV at less than $5000 invested -- assuming they knock off about 2k on the price.

MyCannibal

#8 Post by MyCannibal »

theres a helluva deal on cannondaler.com right now dude...u outta check it out and screw that cannibal in the crate....dude wants 2,000 for it and it looks immaculate...

yamadjs08

#9 Post by yamadjs08 »

tboatman, where are you located?

tboatman

#10 Post by tboatman »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ Jul 7 2006, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tboatman, where are you located?

I am located in south Louisana, Where are you? And how do these bikes run against the new 450's.