Pics from Little Sahara OK trip - June 2009

svahle

#1 Post by svahle »

Thought some of you might like these pics. Some friends and I went to Little Sahara State Park in Waynoka, OK for a couple days this past weekend. It was plenty hot but there wasn't much traffic on the dunes. There was also some decent wind to keep the dunes smooth. but not so much wind that sand was blowing all the time. It was a great trip. Both my Dales held up great. I threw in a few pics of my friends jumping their RZR-S. I saw one other Dale in South Camp but never was able to track down the owner.

67z400

#2 Post by 67z400 »

Great pictures! I have been to LS it is fun and not to far of a haul from St. Louis.

svahle

#3 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (67z400 @ Jul 6 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great pictures! I have been to LS it is fun and not to far of a haul from St. Louis.

Thanks. Yes we always have a great time. Its about 6 hours for us so we only make it out a couple times each year. Planning to head back out there in October.

Montez440

#4 Post by Montez440 »

I live in Joplin, MO
We also go to LS several times a year, Let me know the dates and October and we may have to coordinate a trip together,
Were do you like to ride around home?
We recently when to Sand Springs in Tulsa area, around Key Stone Lake...it was pretty cool! not as big but nice to get off quad and go for a swim,
We stayed at Bear's Glenn Cabins...they are very nice and cheap, only thing is you have to haul the bikes to the riding area, still wasn't bad , the is 2 parks to ride; Appalachia Bay and Keystone Park...White River **** area

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

Ah, love the dunes. love the trails there the best.

Montez440

#6 Post by Montez440 »

Trails at Night are the Best with a big group...that is hard to beat!!! biggrin.gif

svahle

#7 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (Montez440 @ Jul 23 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trails at Night are the Best with a big group...that is hard to beat!!! biggrin.gif

No kidding. I love to ride in the back of a large group at night. Seeing all the headlights and tail lights winding through the trails just makes me smile. Can't wait to get back out there this fall. We are looking at the first weekend in October but that is not yet set in stone.

svahle

#8 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (Montez440 @ Jul 22 2009, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live in Joplin, MO
We also go to LS several times a year, Let me know the dates and October and we may have to coordinate a trip together,
Were do you like to ride around home?
We recently when to Sand Springs in Tulsa area, around Key Stone Lake...it was pretty cool! not as big but nice to get off quad and go for a swim,
We stayed at Bear's Glenn Cabins...they are very nice and cheap, only thing is you have to haul the bikes to the riding area, still wasn't bad , the is 2 parks to ride; Appalachia Bay and Keystone Park...White River **** area

To tell you the truth I just haven't been riding much around here lately. I'll have to check out Sand Springs. I used to go to Deep Water some but it was very rutted up from the utility quads last time I was there. Also its so freakin muddy most of the time even in the summer. The parts that aren't muddy are so dusty you can't hardly see to ride.

Montez440

#9 Post by Montez440 »

I will be ready to go sometime in October, that would be great, I would like to try to get in another trip before the end of the year...I just bought a motor and parts bike from jwheat...I should be getting it any day... I plan to rebuild his bike and build a new motor for it...make it a great bike for my wife to have or sell it...she has a 370R...wouldn't mind having a push button start to hop on for a easy leisure ride...
Any way just let me know when you all plan to go,
My name is Manuel...but you can call me Manny
417-483-6353