Silver Lake Sand Dune Trip

timbomoose

#11 Post by timbomoose »

Next it was down to the dragstrip and Steve took his 1st win and sorry to say his last for the day.The engine was making a loud rapping noise which ended up being just a decomp weight. Then next down went the 400ex with the studs pulled out of the head and mydreamride also started making the same noise as c27.Wistech didn't want to make them feel left out so he had to blow out his clutch plates,but not before laying some smack down on the drag strip and giving out a few spankings on the SAS! All quads left running just noisier. Short day for the Wisconsin boys but fun.

It was sad to see them go,but before they left we got to see mydreamride's nice balljoint conversion along with some other cool dodads he made.Nice Job!

timbomoos

#12 Post by timbomoos »

Next it was back to the dunes,but not before running into the good people from majestic trails.(Mike,Suzy,Jim,and Joan).

In picture are Jim and Joan from Majestic trails. On a side note everyone make sure to go to the anual Cannondale fall group ride at Majestic in Sept. Top notch trails with top notch people. You will never get treated better and miles and miles of one way trails,camping,track, and pewee track, fun for everyone. Check out there website www.majestictrails.com

timbomoose

#13 Post by timbomoose »

Now it was time to lay down some more smack of my own at the drag strip.I'll I can say is TOTAL DALE DOMINATION!!!! No one, I mean no one stood a chance.All other 4-strokes were no competion! Most banshee's were not competition.Only one dirt bike, 2 banshee's even gave me a run.I ran 15-40 gearing with 20" 9 paddle hauler's.The funniest thing was I pulled the banshee's on the top end.

1st pics a hole shot.

2nd pic 2/3.

3rd pic the end.With my c'dale powered icecrusher beat icecubed yfz,trinity powervalved banshee's,and anything thrown at me.Couldn't count how many people asked how much$$ in the motor, if I had nitrous, and called it the banshee eater. It was a pretty good feeling to say the least. I did my best to put the C'dale name out their and couldn't be happier.

timbomoos

#14 Post by timbomoos »

At the end of the 2nd day we went out to eat. Wanablaze(Josh) was not looking too good. The no sleep caught up to him. Needless to say he did not make it in to eat and had to get some zzz's in the truck. As you can see from the pic he even had to take a nap to make in the hotel.LOL! Definately a diehard cannondaler!

timbomoose

#15 Post by timbomoose »

Next morning we said goodby to wanablaze and set back for the dunes. On the way down snowprohet1(Marc)showed Donny the only way to go fast on a Raptor. Donny couldn't believe the power increase and asked if he could pull him in the dunes!LOL!

timbomoos

#16 Post by timbomoos »

It was the 3rd and final day at the dunes so Hazzmatt was getting ready for some big air.

Like usual animalscanniabal said RIDE!RIDE!RIDE! "We're burning daylight!!" and was gone before we could even get our boots on!

timbomoose

#17 Post by timbomoose »

Matt and Donny were spotting for some nice jumping areas.They found just the area they were looking for.

Hazzmatt said bring it on Baby!

timbomoos

#18 Post by timbomoos »

Snowprophet1 waited at the bottom of the dune to catch a glimps of what a Dale looks like falling from the sky, while me animalscannibal showed off our phototography skills, which sad to say is very,very poor. Matt and Donny jumped dozens,and dozens of times and we were lucky to even get part of the quad in the picture.

After wearing poor Matt and Donny out my batteries were dead without a shot and Tom's battery light was flashing then we realized he had video on his camera. So here's our only shot we got all weekend of a jump.

timbomoose

#19 Post by timbomoose »

It was now finally time to go. Had to take one last look from the top of the dune before leaving what a veiw!

All and all it was a very good trip. Everyone enjoyed themselves.The whole way home we were dreaming of Dunes!

A good time was had by ALL!

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats awesome Timbo.Great writeup.Thanks for all pics Tom.