Glamis in February!

yamadjs08

#1 Post by yamadjs08 »

Hey guys, some riding buddies are going to Glamis the first week of February and I got invited to tag along. I am so pumped, you guys have no idea. But I have some questions... Whats a good, cheap all around paddle? I was thinking of going with some ITP Sandstars, but Im still pretty clueless. We will be doing all sorts of duning, not just dragging. I guess this is mostly just directed to you SandStorm LOL. Also, I can rent my buddies paddles for $30, they are GBC Sandsharks, I checked them out and they seem like a decent angled paddle, similar to the Sandstars. I think Im going to just rent his, but Im still not sure. Also, I hope to get my motor rebuilt this winter before we go, so Im not sure if I will make any changes power wise, probably just porting, I would like to stroke my crank but Im sure Timbo is crazy busy for the winter. Im so excited, I cant wait!

Guy310

#2 Post by Guy310 »

He's your buddy and you have to "rent" his paddles?

yamadjs08

#3 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (Guy310 @ Nov 14 2006, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's your buddy and you have to "rent" his paddles?

Well its like this, he is going with us to Glamis, and he only has one set of paddles. But he was kind of thinking about getting new paddles anyways, but he would only get new ones if I was going to use/rent his. So its no big deal to me, its helping him pay for some new ones, and frankly I dont want to buy paddles that I might use 2-3 times in my life. wink.gif

wanablaze

#4 Post by wanablaze »

I'd probably just by a set of Haulers. I know other paddles are suppposed to handle better, but I had no problem riding them through corners.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

I didn't care for the haulers for all around riding. They didn't handle very good to me. I can't remember what I was running though. Could have been sandsharks.

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

Sand Devils are cheap, but only come in two sizes.. I don't care for any angled paddle tire, but if you must have it just pick what you like/afford and go with it.. Drag racing in the sand and hillshooting can get addicting.. Everybody wants to see how thier machine stacks up against others and if you fall into this trap heavy molded tires will get you beat more then anything.. 21" work well though 22's do better, but they are really tall. Honestly a 22" 7 paddle Hauler is the bomb and RMATV sells them. They float the best for easy duning and lots of sidewall gives a smooth ride...Run 13-44 gearing and sell the set when your done for a 50 dollar loss.. Matter of fact drop them off at my house of the way home and I'll gladly buy them... LOL unsure.gif

Look around for used sets of molded tires. Do not buy used Haulers.. The paddles eventually break off and somebody can easily mislead you on the hrs on paddles. Care must be taken w/ Haulers when not riding on fully soft sand and most people don't do this.. I do...

yamadjs08

#7 Post by yamadjs08 »

Alright, Im going to go with what you reccommended Sandstorm, but RMATV is out of stock and I cant find anybody else who carries haulers besides skat trak themselves, and its actually like $25 more than RMATV... Any idea? Also, any specific reason for 22"? Just curious, I honestly am clueless when it comes to dune tires and the amount of paddles...

EDIT: I see RMATV will have them back in stock on the 17th, so nevermind then LOL, I completely missed that part.

Sandstorm

#8 Post by Sandstorm »

Yes they will be in stock on the 17th. 22's will float exceptionally well.. You must run the gearing I told you or even put a 45 on the rear if you can find one.. Skids won't fit though... You will have no problem selling these if you decide not to keep them. Put them on a .125 wheel if possible, not necessary though.. Great tires, reduced unsprung weight = speed!!!

wanablaze

#9 Post by wanablaze »

So a 22" tire will float well, but how do you know how many paddles to run?

yamadjs08

#10 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (wanablaze @ Nov 15 2006, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So a 22" tire will float well, but how do you know how many paddles to run?

Exactly?

Also, do you think I will have any clearance issues with my nerfs? I shouldnt, because I have the old school AC ones with no heel guard, and I dont have the stock heel guards on anymore, but I figured I would still ask.