LS, Utah & Boomer intake report..

Sandstorm

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Today was a great day. We arrived at the dunes in our usual spot. Just Buddah and I and Buddah had the yellow YFZ out for the first time.. It was 37 degrees so we geared up w/ snow mobile masks under our helmets and full winter attire and headed out.. As soon as I got on the sand I noticed how much better my quad revved w/ Canniboomers air filter set up.. The engine noise is much more, but I was loving the quick added revs this set up provides. It was a seat of the pants difference and that's a plus in my book.. We bowled at Oasis then to the backside of the mtn.. We raced mini Sand Mtn. The YFZ didn't stand a chance. It's got the YZ needle and Ron woods pipe and K&N.. Some other guys came over on a YFZ and 450r and I disposed of then many times. Did some more bowling and then over to the front to the Mtn. I ran my quad probably 20x up Sand Mtn, I raced anything and everything including Banshees ( 6 or 7). I lost to nothing!! I gave most people a head start. I probably raced 40 quads.. I raced a big bore DS and beat him. He wouldn't tell me what he had done but he was half and half race gas. I holeshotted most everything. I gave alot of people a head start and reeled them in. People were staring down the ATKannondale in disbelief.. I was pulling 4th near redline w/ stock gearing w/ my tall 21" tires. The Gliders worked extremely well today. To bad a huge snow storm is on the way so this is it for quite a while.. Lots of pics so enjoy..

Buddah77

#2 Post by Buddah77 »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Nov 26 2006, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today was a great day. We arrived at the dunes in our usual spot. Just Buddah and I and Buddah had the yellow YFZ out for the first time.. It was 37 degrees so we geared up w/ snow mobile masks under our helmets and full winter attire and headed out.. As soon as I got on the sand I noticed how much better my quad revved w/ Canniboomers air filter set up.. The engine noise is much more, but I was loving the quick added revs this set up provides. It was a seat of the pants difference and that's a plus in my book.. We bowled at Oasis then to the backside of the mtn.. We raced mini Sand Mtn. The YFZ didn't stand a chance. It's got the YZ needle and Ron woods pipe and K&N.. Some other guys came over on a YFZ and 450r and I disposed of then many times. Did some more bowling and then over to the front to the Mtn. I ran my quad probably 20x up Sand Mtn, I raced anything and everything including Banshees ( 6 or 7). I lost to nothing!! I gave most people a head start. I probably raced 40 quads.. I raced a big bore DS and beat him. He wouldn't tell me what he had done but he was half and half race gas. I holeshotted most everything. I gave alot of people a head start and reeled them in. People were staring down the ATKannondale in disbelief.. I was pulling 4th near redline w/ stock gearing w/ my tall 21" tires. The Gliders worked extremely well today. To bad a huge snow storm is on the way so this is it for quite a while.. Lots of pics so enjoy..

It was a great day for sure. The Dale ran good, it's just too bad we didn't have the Yoshi there to compare. My YFZ does not have the YZ needle, but will be getting some port and carb work done for next season. Possibly a 460 kit and a lightened flywheel
Sandstorm forgot to add there was an old Quadzilla mopping up on everything!!!!!!!

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

I didn't dare race the Quadzilla. He would of embarrased me..

T-Rex

#4 Post by T-Rex »

Glad to here the Dale is running good. Thats a nice looking YFZ, good color...

yamadjs08

#5 Post by yamadjs08 »

Sweet pics! Thats the kind of action we all like to hear! Cannondales whoopin on everything... This post just makes me even more anxious about going to Glamis!!!
Oh and Im still torn on what paddles to get...

J. Delaney

#6 Post by J. Delaney »

So Carl, how long till this Yamaha is up for sale?

Buddah77

#7 Post by Buddah77 »

QUOTE (J. Delaney @ Nov 26 2006, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Carl, how long till this Yamaha is up for sale?

I think I'll be hanging onto this quad for awhile. I am first on the list for the new Kawi, but I think I'm gonna hold out for now. My YFZ has everything as far as suspension goes, just need some motor work. Can Am will be releasing their new 450 quad soon as well. So many good rides for all of us to choose from cool.gif

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool!

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

I'm jealous as heck hearing you guys riding the bowls. Then You have to slam me with some fantastic pics! Thanks for sharing! I've been dreaming of another cross country trek....

Sand_Blaster

#10 Post by Sand_Blaster »

I gota try that place one day, nice pictures.