Some Oldsmobile Hill helmet cam action

Sandstorm

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Well my camera was off on the angle of the dangle. I have made much better vids for sure, but you will get the idea.. The Banshees were very very fast.. I tried to do 5th and you'll hear the motor slow down in another video.. The other vid is 4th pinned ripping past some quad, not sure what kind.. More and better ones to come from a friend later in the week..

Vids titled Glamis 2007 on this page

http://www.putfile.com/sandstorm4/media

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

Just out of curiousity, what mods do you have done? Any idea about your ~hp? Thanks, and great vids... James

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

Ported by DAB w/ Falicon and assembly by BW.. I'm not sure of my hp. Those Banshees had +4 or + 6 swingarms.. My so called pussee Gliders work like magic and let my quad launch hard and rev to the moon.. People can't beleive I run just an 8 paddle Glider.

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Nice... So what displacement are you running? Stock airbox or Boomer style setup? Are you geared short? Once again, just curious... wondering how some of the other duners are setup...

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Read my sig.. I run A Boomer K&N.. I was running stock gearing. If I would of put a 44 on the rear I beleive I could of pulled Olds in 5th near redline.. People in Glamis are in love w/ Sand Stars & Sand Sharks. I saw tons of quads w/ them and alot of people run a 10" rim. Much different then what we run here including the non hillshooters..

Sandstorm

#6 Post by Sandstorm »

Added one more video. Smitty vs Sandstorm. This is about a half mile south of China Wall.. Smitty running my Hauler/Glider combo... Check it out w/ above link..

thedeatons

#7 Post by thedeatons »

My apologies, didn't think about the sig.... We run Sidewinder 13/44s at Sand Mt. Nevada, and all of us have Sand Stars, they slide well.... Nice vids

Smitty911

#8 Post by Smitty911 »

Yes, you beat me but I'm old and fat, and I slowed down and let you catch me.

Thanks for spotting me the tires, I may have to get the same setup.

What about all the videos of me actually winning? sorry must have been dreaming.

Smitty

Buddah77

#9 Post by Buddah77 »

QUOTE (Smitty911 @ Feb 15 2007, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, you beat me but I'm old and fat, and I slowed down and let you catch me.

Thanks for spotting me the tires, I may have to get the same setup.

What about all the videos of me actually winning? sorry must have been dreaming.

Smitty

Smitty,

You need to make a trip with us to St. Anthony this year. We're going the second weekend of June. It would be great to ride with you again. BTW, how are those gloves of mine biggrin.gif

Sandstorm

#10 Post by Sandstorm »

Oh yeah he gave me the gloves.. I've got them I forgot..