The last hurray june dune ride.

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

A good friend of mine wants to go on one last dune adventure before getting out of quads. We plan on going after school is out. St Anthonies for sure and maybe Little Sahara. It's a 3600 mile mile round trip from my house. We usually drive straight through for 22 to 24 hours to get there. I plan to take roughly 5 to 7 days in early June when the weather is nice. If anyone wants to go along we will need to make arangements for hauling the quads and RV's.

The last time we went was the best vacation I had ever had with guided tours of Utah from Sandstorm and just screwing around up at St Anthonies. There were a couple days we didn't even ride so we want to do something like that again. If Tim goes and brings TJ there will be a day of Dinosaur bone collecting for sure and hitting some national parks.
For me I really have no preferance of when we go but July and August will be way too hot on the sand and I want to spend that time racing and hanging out in PA (Majestic) and OH (Kevin Roofs).

If anyone wants to caravan along or meet there, throw your number down so we can get in touch.

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

We have plans to go to St. Anthony's in June. There should be ~12 Dales there form our group minimum. Lots of Nor Calers are making the trip for it. If you want to join trips that will be fine. We coordinate around a Nor Calers schedule, as he is in the fire department and only gets a few days off. We don't have dates yet, but are trying to work that out.

We all have large RVs, trailers and a full suite of tools, so the only thing you would need to bring is your Dales. We will have everything else from battery chargers to air tools.

Maybe we an get Boomer to come...

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Sounds good. Swarming the dunes with Dales is always a sight. Do the guys with Japs quads have to sleep in tents and eat leftovers while the Dalers rest in the air conditioned bliss while dining on catered munchables? Ya know just like the other group rides. LOL

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

LOL, my dream vacation!

Nickc711

#5 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Mar 16 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, my dream vacation!

I second that...for now I have to ride in the coal.

thedeatons

#6 Post by thedeatons »

I think we only have one tent in the group... occasionally a second one when the Z400/LTR show up (they also have a Dale, so we invite them).

There is nothing like our rides with one of the four fast girls in our group leading, long hair flying. We get a lot of looks. We are rarely sitting around, we ride A LOT. The trip a couple months ago netted 250 miles in a weekend. Are ya ready for that!

No one in our group brings cards or video games, because we all bring quads. That is always more than enough to keep us busy.

Since my family lives in our 37' 5th wheel we will literaly be bringing the house. We are not usually left wanting for much out there.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Second week of June we are there.

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

We are official for the weekend of June 14/15. We will most likely show up Thursday night, if not a bit earlier. We are 4.5 hours away in Boise.

Boomer said he may be interested.

Who is the most knowledgable about St. Anthony's here? I know our group personally doesn't care about the drag hill, usually the further away from it the better. We like quiet, buttery smooth sand.

Typically we play cat&mouse/follow the leader, so you can see why the drag hill doesn't interest us.

Where are the nice quiet camp spots?

Our camp will be the quiet circle of ~5 RVs with no alcohol and lots of kids.

thedeatons

#9 Post by thedeatons »

Tentative riders going:

thedeatons - Glamis/DRR70/ALT50 (1983!)

cdsracer - Cannibale (Moto convert/Cannibal (Moto convert)/Cannibal LE/Cannibal/Blaster

cordovadaler - Moto/Blaze/Blaze/Blaze/E440

firefighterdude - Cannibal/ATK Moto

dandro - Speed

cdsracer's Dad - Perfect Cannibal/3.8L Supercharged Rail

Maybe a few more... Still waiting for confirmation. That's 14 Dales so far.

#13atk

#10 Post by #13atk »

The quietest spot would be at sand hills resort, but it is farthest from the big dunes. I like to stay at BLM because it is closest, and the next spot is desert oasis which is pretty good too. BLM is hard to get a spot because they don't reserve the spots. I am probably heading over on the 11th or 12th and stay until sunday. ....Cory