The last hurray june dune ride.

thedeatons

#11 Post by thedeatons »

Awesome.... I'm taking notes... Anyone else coming or did the lack of party scene scare everyone away?

thedeatons

#12 Post by thedeatons »

Hey.... No response on here... Usually when east coasters come out for a desert ride there is a lot of talk about it. You guys still in? Looks like it is still Father's Day weekend for us, along with #13ATK.... Lots of Boise folks going, lots of Nor Cal folks going, possibly Boomer....

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

So far its 3 of us.

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

Awesome!! I am hoping cory (#13ATK) can give us some great ideas on where to stay and get reservations... You guys bringing sleeping accomodations?

thedeatons

#15 Post by thedeatons »

Hey Cory, We are hoping to reserve spots, to ensure we get a spot, as we are coming in Friday evening... Which one do you suggest, and do you want to begin looking into getting quite a few spots together? We have 3 RVs coming just from Boise, not including yours, which makes 4 RVs. Then there are two other RVs coming from Sacramento... That is 6 total. We are all pretty lengthy, because we are towing trailers too. Let me know what I can do to get the reservation ball rolling!!!

wistech

#16 Post by wistech »

Last time we just crashed in Rexburg every night. Swimming pool ,hot showers. After we made Tim take a shower it was pretty nice. PHEW

#13atk

#17 Post by #13atk »

James, here are the links to the resorts over there. BLM is always full so now use looking there. I am still trying to round up friends to go with and split the gas, not sure if quadjunkies are going or not.

Sand Hills Resort Farthest from the big dunes and more expensive spaces, but nice with grass and trees. Only stayed here once and it was a long ride to choke.

Desert Oasis This is where we stayed last time it is nice because it is right in the middle of the dunes and it also has a kiddie track if you bring the little ones. Little cheaper than sand hills. They also have overflow dry camping if the spaces with hookups are full.

Dune guide This is the best site for info and pictures of the dunes and camping locations. It pretty much has info on all the dunes in the US.

Let me know if you need any more info....Cory

thedeatons

#18 Post by thedeatons »

Hey guys....

Cdsracer, his father, and I got our reservations at www.desertoasisrvpark.com. I grabbed site #34, and I believe cdsracer and company got the two sites beside me. $40/night for full hookups, which rocks! (During the reservation they take your credit card number, but only charge for the first night, the remainder is due upon arrival)

As of two days ago there were 7 full hookup sites left on Father's Day weekend, of which we now have 3, meaning there are 4 left!!! 2 of these sites are right beside ours, the other 2 spots are 2 sites away, very close.

Cdsracer will be getting there Friday morning and leaving Sunday evening. My family will be arriving on Saturday morning and leaving Monday evening, wth Monday being "family ride day" with my two kiddos.

We have 4 other Dales coming up from Sacramento. That totals out at 10 Dales from our group. Get yer reservations now!!!

Cory, you there?

ozarkdaler

#19 Post by ozarkdaler »

laugh.gif I had to read the older post because I thought you were talking to me deatons. I guess there is more than one Cory on the forums.

thedeatons

#20 Post by thedeatons »

Is Timbo coming too?