Sand Mt. Nevada Dune Ride - Cannondale Weekend - 23-26 October

thedeatons

#1 Post by thedeatons »

Anyone who is interested in some hard riding in the dunes can meet us out at Sand Mt. Nevada (just outside Fallon, NV) in late October. The ride is scheduled the weekend before Halloween so you can still be home to Trick or Treat with the kids the following weekend.

Lots of fun to be had, small kids track, tons of rollers, competition hills, lips to get 5th gear air off of, and just an overall fun time. We don't bring video games or decks of cards, so be prepared to ride all weekend. At least 3 three-hour rides per day typically, if not more. 350+ miles covered in one weekend, all on buttery smooth sand dunes. 5th gear wheelies down the bowl, sidehilling along the ridge, hitting goat trails with our firefighting friends, and some really fast chicks too!

No wrenching during the weekend unless it breaks during the rides! Tools/laptops will be onsite, but our main focus is riding, so lube your chains and oil your air filters before you get there..... Nothing worse than someone showing up with broken stuff then recruiting everyone to help the entire first day....

Pictures of previous trips available upon request. Please no beer or boobs. Kid friendly campsite/group that likes the quiet scene...

Contact me for details. We will be leaving from Boise, ID and may have some room on a trailer if you need a ride.

See ya there... James

thedeatons

#2 Post by thedeatons »

This is still on FYI.... Wanted to let everyone know, in case they were looking for some fun. There should be trips all winter, and snow sledding down the back of the 600' drag hill is one of my favorite memories......

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Now that sounds like fun.To far for me.

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

Trip is getting closer, and I am scrambling to get my Glamis engine fixed....

Any other takers? Should be a good trip...

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

I really wish I could! That sounds like fun.