Cheesehead Glamis Trip

cannondale27

#131 Post by cannondale27 »

Guys bring your snomobile suits.Lets rent some sleds and ride in the mountains on way back!Rode sled for 8hrs today.-3 and 30mph winds it was awesome!Drifts every ten ft.Lot of air time and snow is drifted into some areas at least 6ft deep.Was like Jetskiing and actually a little like duning.

cannondale27

#132 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Dec 21 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll have a 150psi porter cable air compressor too. Air won't be a problem. Looks like I probably won't have the Glamis. Just running out of time. I'll still be there though. Should be fun. Maybe I'll get lucky and get it done. We'll see.

Bring it along.Never know if weather is bad or cant sleep can get it going.You can borrow my Raptor.

desertbound

#133 Post by desertbound »

It'll be close. I'm gonna start putting it back together tomorrow. I just have lots of family in town for xmas and time is getting tight. I have to go to glamis on tuesday. Looks like I'm gonna be working there for the next 9 months. Just got moved to the canal job down there. I'll start just after the first of the year. I'll only be home one day a week, but it will be nice being able to ride all the time. I'll be working nights.

mydreamride

#134 Post by mydreamride »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 22 2008, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys bring your snomobile suits.Lets rent some sleds and ride in the mountains on way back!Rode sled for 8hrs today.-3 and 30mph winds it was awesome!Drifts every ten ft.Lot of air time and snow is drifted into some areas at least 6ft deep.Was like Jetskiing and actually a little like duning.

Lets do it. haven't been on a sled in years so should be fun

Kuma

#135 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (mydreamride @ Dec 21 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lets do it. haven't been on a sled in years so should be fun

You never know what you will see at Glamis, I've seen a couple snowmobiles running up olds a couple years ago, monster trucks, 4wd cadilac, there's even a boat that runs the dunes.

cannondale27

#136 Post by cannondale27 »

For me the people and the show at Glamis is what its all about. Even though its not Thanksgiving it should still be very impressive! If we can get there by sat night. Thats looking more and more to be a big IF. Not only are we getting hit by storm after snow storm but I saw snowcover map of USA yesterday and for us to avoid snow I almost have to head straight south to Texas which is a long way out of way. I will do my best but driving is probably going to be very bad since trailer doesn't have brakes on it. In snow it will push the truck. Can't go over 30 or 40 mph safely. I may not sleep Christmas Day night and just head right out after family goes to bed. Be ready guys.

rayspeed

#137 Post by rayspeed »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Dec 21 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'll be close. I'm gonna start putting it back together tomorrow. I just have lots of family in town for xmas and time is getting tight. I have to go to glamis on tuesday. Looks like I'm gonna be working there for the next 9 months. Just got moved to the canal job down there. I'll start just after the first of the year. I'll only be home one day a week, but it will be nice being able to ride all the time. I'll be working nights.

If you have room bring it in whatever condition you get it to, plenty of dale friendly hands to finish between rides... if not then we will call it a complete just in case rolling part supply!

cannondale27

#138 Post by cannondale27 »

laugh.gif I am bringing the 480cc motor as a spare or in case that YFZ of Mike Cousins shows up my 432cc tongue.gif

cannondale27

#139 Post by cannondale27 »

Wheels and front bumper off and Cannondale easily fits sideways in 6x12 trailer so no problem there. Could fit 4 or 5 quads that way thankfully. Gary if you want to bring both yours you could. All packed and ready to go. Waiting on loading the Raptor in truck till I leave since snow is called for everyday. Pumped up tires on truck to max pressure and that took care of my traction and stopping issues. Not worried about snow anymore.

Guys take a look at this. We should spend New Years Eve in Las Vegas. Seriously. Would be quite a show:
http://stylingperformance.search-autoparts...ategoryId=47316

mydreamride

#140 Post by mydreamride »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Dec 23 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheels and front bumper off and Cannondale easily fits sideways in 6x12 trailer so no problem there. Could fit 4 or 5 quads that way thankfully. Gary if you want to bring both yours you could. All packed and ready to go. Waiting on loading the Raptor in truck till I leave since snow is called for everyday. Pumped up tires on truck to max pressure and that took care of my traction and stopping issues. Not worried about snow anymore.

Guys take a look at this. We should spend New Years Eve in Las Vegas. Seriously. Would be quite a show:
http://stylingperformance.search-autoparts...ategoryId=47316

That would be awesome to see, I'm in