Cheesehead Glamis Trip

Kuma

#171 Post by Kuma »

and ya it was a lot of fun meeting and riding with all you guys and putting names and faces to screen names too.
Too bad m_mcgranahan (Mark) and desertbound (Brandon), were not able be there with everyone.
Mark got to ride some on Saturday and desertbound we will have to wait and see.

Kuma

#172 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Crazie @ Dec 31 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were you calling me Andrew the whole trip? If so, I guess I never paid attention.... laugh.gif ...but it's actually Anthony...that's too funny. I guess it sounded close enough to me. My ears were full of sand and ringing of Cannondale exhausts. laugh.gif

Hey, it was someone else that told me what your name is after the first time I forgot, but I won't mention names, I'd probably get it wrong anyhow tongue.gif

Kuma

#173 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Dec 31 2008, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, it was someone else that told me what your name is after the first time I forgot, but I won't mention names, I'd probably get it wrong anyhow tongue.gif

I just noticed I got Claas900's screen name wrong too laugh.gif

claas900

#174 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Dec 31 2008, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll take a stab at it:

left to right, C'dale27 (Steve), Mydreamride (Mike), Class900 (Patrick), GML1998 (Gary), Kuma (Bill), Rayspeed (Ray), Crazie (Andrew), and Oregondunner (Steve).

I'll need to write this down somewhere for next time. wink.gif

Crazie

#175 Post by Crazie »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Dec 31 2008, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Evidently I responded to it anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter what I get called... biggrin.gif

mydreamride

#176 Post by mydreamride »

Well tuesday and wednesday we rode at Hotwells sand dunes in AZ and the surrounding blm areas. Was just what we expected and wanted to try almost like baja riding (first pic). Today we went sight seeing in the New Mexico mountains (second pic). And for tomorrow we will be at Little Saharah Dunes in OK with 2003 cannondale if we can get a hold of him. Then will be on our way home

cannondale27

#177 Post by cannondale27 »

Hotwells was pretty cool. Reason it's called Hotwells is there is some pools with natural hot water there that you can sit in like a hottub. Main ride area is about 9 miles all the way around border according to gps. Inside that there is real small dunes and even a competition hill. Trails are real tight and wind among cactus and every other prickly plant desert has. We decided we had enough and went through the gates out into BLM land which is as far as you can see and then some. Exploring opportunities were everywhere. The Longhorns seemed friendly. Basicly we rode out into desert for two hrs and then turned back going directly to camp to be sure we didn't run out of gas. When we got back we cooked up the steaks. Man Gary you don't know what you missed! Temp during the day was over 70 deg but at night it dropped to 21 deg. Darn generator only runs 4 hrs. So it got cold. I used the Raptor for this day since it had the knobbies on it and Cannondale I blew the rear PEP shock. Raptor absolutely sucked bad. Wore me out in the whoops after only a hour. Had to call Mike on the radio to get him back since he was long gone. That never happened on the Dale.

Todays plan was to ride in the Carson national forest. Too much snow there for riding but not enough for snowmobiling. We drove quite a bit off road in some kind of hairy situations for no chains and pulling a trailer but we made it. Even showed a hot driver in a suv how to drive in the switchbacks! Beautiful country there. All told we drove through almost all of New Mexico on two lane road. Alot of pics. Will be sure to post them all once we get home. Looking forward to tomorrow. Plan to rebuild the PEP and do oil and filter changes then see what Little Sahara OK has to offer. Hope to see some of you Cannondaleriders out there. See Ya.

cannondale27

#178 Post by cannondale27 »

Well bad news the PEP is history for now at least. Rebound port broke out of shaft and embedded itself in the valving. So I desperatly need a rear shock any shock for a dale. I hate riding the Raptor. Anyone near Little Sahara, OK please give me a call I will make it worth your time for sure.

1(920)323-1973

[attachment=7849:100_0325.JPG]

kdeal

#179 Post by kdeal »

That sucks! After seeing Derno break two Elka rear shocks two years in a row at the 6/12 hour races, I have sworn off every other brand of rear shock for the rear of a Cannondale except Ohlins. I can't remember the last time someone broke a rear Ohlins on a Dale. It seems like the no link set-up on a Dale is horrible on rear shocks. Steve, I've got an idea, I'll give you a call.

2000ex

#180 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 2 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That sucks! After seeing Derno break two Elka rear shocks two years in a row at the 6/12 hour races, I have sworn off every other brand of rear shock for the rear of a Cannondale except Ohlins. I can't remember the last time someone broke a rear Ohlins on a Dale. It seems like the no link set-up on a Dale is horrible on rear shocks. Steve, I've got an idea, I'll give you a call.

They sure are brutal on rear shocks. Also I have to believe that a major contributing factor is due to the heat generated by our rear mounted exhaust. The oil in the shock just breaks down so much faster. After a moto you cannot even touch the rear shock.

I know I hear people say they have never had problems with shocks fading due to the heat, however I am not sure how hard they are pushing the machines. My best luck with rear shocks on these has been the PEP, followed by the Ohlins. I have an Elka and TCS and they dont seem to fair as well as the others.

Steve...dont try and pull a fast one with the PEP I sent you and send me back yours tongue.gif Oh yeah, and Derno is a princess on equipment ohmy.gif