Cheesehead Glamis Trip

cannondale27

#181 Post by cannondale27 »

Hey guys I completely forgot about GML1998's Glamis sitting in my trailer not being used.He called and said I could borrow his rear shock.Thanks man I really wanted to ride the Dale at Little Sahara and ride we did!

When we got there we saw Joel and his brother both on Dales right away.We needed to do filter and oil changes and the shock swap so they went out while we wrenched.Finally got out there and man it is fun!I love the tree shooting and not many people out there so the hill jumps were pretty safe.Whoops galore.Thank God I didnt have to ride the Pig of a Raptor!After laughing like little girls over all the fun we were having we found the dragstrip and the little 432cc Cannondale proceeded to kick all their butts quite easily!MyDreamrides YFZ always was right in second with a Banshee third followed by every other Jap quad that thought they were fast.Very satisfying to say the least laugh.gif

Hey Gary since you abandoned us and all our fun heres a pic of my Glamis Girlfriend I have been sharing my bed with for last few night.Shes not bad.Been using and abusing her taking all shes got tongue.gif

[attachment=7851:100_0326.JPG]

gml1998

#182 Post by gml1998 »

Be nice to her , she was a virgin before this trip. laugh.gif

UpsMan

#183 Post by UpsMan »

I'm sure the "Shock Dock" cured her virginity. I mean, look at the smile on his face.

cannondale27

#184 Post by cannondale27 »

Ahh nice to be home. Nice shower and a little nap does wonders. Trip MPG was 10.5mpg for a total of 5500 mi. All well worth it. Organizing pics but have many to share with you all.

desertbound

#185 Post by desertbound »

I'm glad you guys had a fun and safe trip. I'm really bummed I didn't get to catch up with you guys. I lost the tranny in my motorhome. Made it out thursday morning but no one was left. I went to my families camp at gordons well. I made it about 3 dunes and the glamis started knocking again. mad.gif I'm stumped. so I rode the wifes bike all weekend and now I'm beat up. Sleeping in the bed of the truck when I'm used to the luxuries of a motorhome sucks. Ha ha ha. I'm a spoiled baby.

Looking forward to the pics. I'm sure you guys had a blast.

Speed 1B

#186 Post by Speed 1B »

What kind of fuel were you running desertbound? How did it run when you did get to ride it?

desertbound

#187 Post by desertbound »

I drained the tank and ran vp c12 this time as C27 suggested. The sound is more like a grinding. At first I thought the chain was rubbing on the frame. But it wasn't.

It runs like a raped ape. No power loss at all.

Speed 1B

#188 Post by Speed 1B »

These things make a chain slapping noise when you lug them or at very particular parts of the throttle. Sure that might not be what you are hearing?

C12 should have been good for that motor. Id say you can rule out fuel.

MX Quad Dad

#189 Post by MX Quad Dad »

You dune guys probubly don't run skid plates. When I put one on my speed I had a hard time getting used to the sound. My son warned me about the thing viberating so I put rubber spacers between it and the frame which cut the viberating down but' it seemed like the engine noise was amplified.

Crazie

#190 Post by Crazie »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Jan 4 2009, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I drained the tank and ran vp c12 this time as C27 suggested. The sound is more like a grinding. At first I thought the chain was rubbing on the frame. But it wasn't.

It runs like a raped ape. No power loss at all.

Hey Brandon, we really need to exchange phone numbers if we haven't already. I went out Thursday at Ogilby. We only did one ride out to Patton for a bit. Mine is losing tranny fluid, but I rode it anyway to try getting confirmation.

Just ride that thing till it won't run! Sounds a bit like paranoia, which I understand. I think I've got enough parts to help you get it up and running if something bad happens. I hear a lot of noise from mine too...but so far, it's all I've heard from day one.

I'll be out again this weekend up at Glamis for 4-stroke wars if you're interested (just watching).