Cheesehead Glamis Trip

claas900

#151 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Dec 25 2008, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From Yuma take the Oglilby road exit, that only goes north all the way to the stop sign, about 30 mi. Make a left toward Glamis, another 15 miles or so. As you get closer the speed limit drops and just after crossing the RR tracks make a left onto wash road. If you get to the glamis beach store you went a little too far, just turn around. You will see little wash crossings under the rr tracks and 1 is concrete and marked pretty well... wash 2 is much smaller, wooden and not marked really well. Make a right there and head straight back in there about 1/8 to 1/4 mi, it will narrow towards the end and we will be back as far as we can get where it opens up some. There has been some rain so hopefully it will be packed pretty well but keep your momentum up just in case.

T/y I only have a 2wd, but everything should be fine. Thanks Again

desertbound

#152 Post by desertbound »

Looks like I'll be a day late. My family decided to stay an extra day so I can't leave. Sunday afternoon I should be pulling in.

kdeal

#153 Post by kdeal »

Have a safe trip guys. Try and take some pics when you can. tongue.gif

Speed 1B

#154 Post by Speed 1B »

Have fun guys. Wish I could try somthing lke this someday. You guys are a lucky group.

We like pics!

Kuma

#155 Post by Kuma »

I'm headed out the door now, should be there in about 4 hours laugh.gif

desertbound

#156 Post by desertbound »

Hope you guys are having fun. I left this morning at 6 am and got to just outside El Centro. I lost the tranny in my motorhome. Just got back after a long tow truck drive home. I tried calling Ray, but had no service. I'm gonna try and load up the glamis and come out tomorrow for the day. Good news is that the Glamis is running and sound normal.

Overall this sucks. I lost the tranny in my truck 2 months ago(luckily it was still under warranty), and now I need to deal with this.

Anyways, hope to see you guys tomorrow. I just need to see how things go. I'm off to go pick up my trailer right now. It's been a long day.

kdeal

#157 Post by kdeal »

When it rains it pours..... blink.gif

desertbound

#158 Post by desertbound »

Tell me about it. Just got home with the trailer. Did I mention I'm coming down with a cold also. Man.

Last I heard the guys were having fun. Hopefully I'll get to see everyone tomorrow.

mydreamride

#159 Post by mydreamride »

Just pulled into the hotel and man that was alot of fun. GML1998, cannondale27 and I made the 36 hour drive straight through to Glamis. It was nice to meet kuma, rayspeed, crazie, and class900. Kuma and Rayspeed did an awesome job on the tours they gave us day and night. Desertbound sucks about the tranny but great that there was nothing wrong with the dale, also looks like we won't get the chance to meet you. Here a teaser pic for those who could make it but more will come!

Mike

cannondale27

#160 Post by cannondale27 »

Glamis was awesome! Great people, great riding, Cannondales kicked all comers butts. It don't get any better than this. MyDreamride will be hitting up every dune or trails between Glamis and WI we can. Probably going to Ironwood, AZ tomorrow. Wish you all were here!