It's almost time

desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

Well I haven't been around for a while as I don't have my dale anymore. But I would still like to ride with any of the members here who enjoy riding the same dunes as I do. My first trips gonna be a couple weeks before halloween. Anyone interested??

Here is what I ride now. I miss my dale, but I don't miss the constant trouble shooting. Which I personally look back and feel was mostly my fault. I tried to go to big, to fast. Oh well. Here's old reliable. A 2005 TRX501R. Hope to see everyone in the sand soon.

Brandon

[attachment=8996:501r1.jpg]

ozarkdaler

#2 Post by ozarkdaler »

That is a nice ride...

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Nice! If I get layed off I am there bud laugh.gif

Kuma

#4 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Sep 22 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I haven't been around for a while as I don't have my dale anymore. But I would still like to ride with any of the members here who enjoy riding the same dunes as I do. My first trips gonna be a couple weeks before halloween. Anyone interested??

Here is what I ride now. I miss my dale, but I don't miss the constant trouble shooting. Which I personally look back and feel was mostly my fault. I tried to go to big, to fast. Oh well. Here's old reliable. A 2005 TRX501R. Hope to see everyone in the sand soon.

Brandon

[attachment=8996:501r1.jpg]

Planning our first trip to Glamis 10/23, one week from holloween, I think Rayspeed is planning that same weekend.

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

Takes alot of heart to admit that you tried to go too far too fast! Thats kind of what I thought at the time myself but I hate to try to reign in somebodies excitment. Some people are just that way... kind of manic a bit about things and they are all out as quick as they went all in!
Most people eventually learn that gets expensive and have to curb it to meet their income at least!

To be old and wise you must first be young and foolish!

Yeah there is a good chance that I can make that weekend.
Looking forward to really being able to ride with you one of these times!

Ray

desertbound

#6 Post by desertbound »

I'll keep everyone updated on the exact dates I will be out. I have a buggy now also and I'm trying to get it finished. I may just put it on the sidelines for a while though and just enjoy the quads.

kevin444

#7 Post by kevin444 »

I'd like to make it as well. Have yet to make it to Glamis, and I'm sure the weather will be great. In the process of purchasing a home and going to try to squeeze this one in. Were about 6-7 hrs away "vegas", so the ride should not be too bad. Never been so got to ask, what's the camping like? just primitive? water? stupid questions, just lazy and n front of the laptop too much today.....hoping to make it a 3-4 day weekend...

Kuma

#8 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (kevin444 @ Sep 24 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'd like to make it as well. have yet to make to Glamis, and im sure the weather will be great. in the process of purchasing a home and going to try to squeeze this one in. were about 6-7 hrs away "vegas", so the ride should not be too bad. never been so got to ask, whats the camping like? just primitive? water? stupid questions, just lazy and n front of the laptop too much today.....hoping to make it a 3-4 day weekend...

Mostly primitive, I camp in wash 2 right on top of the sand, no water, no toilets, no elec. If you need it, bring it with you.
There is more hard pack right off the highway known as the dust bowl, they do have some pit toilets and the Glamis store I believe still has showers but I don't know what they charge now, it was $3, 20 years ago. October is still pretty warm, if you want to setup a solar shower.
On the west end of the dunes is Gecko and Roadrunner camping area, they have paved pads and pit toilets.

desertbound

#9 Post by desertbound »

Looks like the first trip is gonna be the weekend of October 17th - 19th at buttercup. Big family camp. Lots of buggies and quads. Funs times. Just let me know if anyone is interested. There will be some drinking, but we don't get out of hand. Just a warning incase anyone is uncomfortable around some mild party time. We usually bring horseshoes, a ping pong table, and a foosball table for late night fun. All are welcome as long as you are respectful, as I assume all on this site are.

Kuma

#10 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Oct 3 2009, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like the first trip is gonna be the weekend of October 17th - 19th at buttercup. Big family camp. Lots of buggies and quads. Funs times. Just let me know if anyone is interested. There will be some drinking, but we don't get out of hand. Just a warning incase anyone is uncomfortable around some mild party time. We usually bring horseshoes, a ping pong table, and a foosball table for late night fun. All are welcome as long as you are respectful, as I assume all on this site are.

Sounds like fun, I'd like to meet up with you guys but I'll be going to glamis the following weekend, skip holloween and try to make it out the weekend after.
have fun!