Cheesehead Glamis trip II

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

I really am getting the itch. If it isn't a good winter for snowmobiling I will go insane sitting around. This can happen. T-rex sent me this link so is another spot to try. Awesome people to meet and Glamis is just the begining of many dunes to hit on trip. Here is last years adventure. FUN!

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=22151

http://www.kermitsandinc.com/

claas900

#2 Post by claas900 »

Lets do it, most times I get 6 weeks off work. Starting mid Dec and all of Jan. But this time Steve don't forget to bring Tim ok? wink.gif

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes for sure even if I have go get him. Hey that would make 3 with MyDreamride! That would be full crew. January it is. Maybe week after New Years would help Timbo make it easier. Trailer is ready, Truck is 100%, Just need to dyno the race quad and put lights from trail quad on it. I did alot of riding last few months and now that trails have closed and weather has turned I really get restless even after a week without riding. Tim hasn't been riding either. I will get him to commit before he can go snowmobiling and scratch the itch!

mydreamride

#4 Post by mydreamride »

Will have to see if I can get the time off and see how my arm is doing by then (but should be good by then). I guess I would have to get cracking on the yfz and finish freshening it up. Can tell Tim to get to my house seeing it would be 8 hours for him and go from there.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Good idea Mike!

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Anyone got a bigger truck and trailer?I found a 4th guy to go and possibly a 5th!Mike we might need to borrow the van from your dad.

gml1998

#7 Post by gml1998 »

Did you decide when and where you are going?

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Will decide by first week of Dec. then commit to a date.depending on others needs a return date will also be determined.

My wife didnt like me leaving the day after Christmas like last year.But then again it was easier since she had off anyway for most of days when kids were back in school to get them on bus in morning.We have talked about it and its all good either way but leaning to at least a few days after Christmas.This would also help Timbo to go since he also takes care of kids when they are off school most days.

One of the guys wanting to go has a big enclosed trailer could easily fit 6 quads.I dont think my truck would pull it and not enough room in my truck for 5 people anyway so if more than 3 go we will have to figure out a rig.Of course a commitment is definitly required since everyone needs to drive and pay their share since others along will be counting on it.

I still want to get to Canniboomers Dunes someday but I am thinking because of more important priorities this is going to be my last big ATV trip for a long time to come.Never know but that is how I am treating it all.So time allowed expect to really have a great time and would like to make the trip out like the trip back last year where we took our time and really saw and rode everywhere we could along the way.

speed 450mx

#9 Post by speed 450mx »

The duns in kermit are fun but Little Sahara, Ok is alot nicer and it has running water lol, you can go to both they are only about 4 hours a part. There are bigger duns in Little Sahara, Ok

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

I had a blast in LS,OK but they are too far apart you cant get a nice rhythm going up then down then back up another.Looked like Kermit they were closer together?Kind of like a rollercoaster.LS when you get to bottom even in 5th it seems to take forever to get to next dune.