Excellent dune ride footage on virgin sand... to get you pumped

rayspeed

#1 Post by rayspeed »

Nice clear video of a dune ride from a leaders perspective and what happens when you find a witches eye in the end... its ugly and not for the faint of heart!
No its not me and I understand there were some injuries.

Link fixed maybe...

http://s313.photobucket.com/albums/ll380/h...rrent=CRash.flv

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

That link aint workin.

desertbound

#3 Post by desertbound »

Poor HDGasser. I know him. He has a ti plate in his collar bone now.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

Yep, link works now. Looks like a lot of fun, kind of like riding a snowmobile right after a fresh snow, except warm. That witches eye thing kind of snuck up there all of a sudden.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Thats a nice video . I want that helmet cam. Where are those dunes ? Kind of strange way to ride just going along the edges and missing the jumps. Not a very interesting place to ride . I was bored just a few minutes in. I am kind of anxious for the next dune ride just a few months away . wink.gif

rayspeed

#6 Post by rayspeed »

That looks like glamis off of Gecko road running south.
My style is a bit different than his... I like to hit jumps, blast around bowls in 5th gear and carve around more sideways but he has straight paddles and they dont do that as well.
2:19 in the video looks like the spot that I goofed up and launched myself going left to right in the top of third gear of my 250r and flew about 70' down to the bottom. Landed good and flat and would have rode away but there was another big jump right there I was not lined up right on but probably did not matter anyway as I went one way and the r went another. I was more black than blue from my belt line to the back of my knees. Was the first ride of the trip and just heading out and did not know they started right there! Only missed one ride the rest of the trip but had to have somebody else kick start the r for me.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

That place is vast!I would agree, with so many dunes to ride why stay on the tops of them?

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

wow that fall sucked.

67z400

#9 Post by 67z400 »

Wow, that video is impressive. Good quality. I would like to know what kind of helmet cam he has.

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Nov 24 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a nice video . Kind of strange way to ride just going along the edges and missing the jumps.

I figured he was heading someplace, because he sure was passing up a lot of fun stuff.