Sandstorm

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

Buddah and I
http://www.dunereview.com/AllVideos/Helmet...0Suspension.wmv

A couple more from my friend Chuck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH_qCmIFbhQ
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6k8eVXNfMM...feature=related

The baddest Sand drag racing hill in the country Utahs Sand Mtn 600ft up. K&T Banshee vs Hyabusa Basnhee w/ nitros http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BD4YiU-xnw...mp;feature=fvwp

WhiteZee

#2 Post by WhiteZee »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Jan 17 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The baddest Sand drag racing hill in the country Utahs Sand Mtn 600ft up. K&T Banshee vs Hyabusa Basnhee w/ nitros http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BD4YiU-xnw...mp;feature=fvwp

ever been to dumonte dunes in baker, CA? im pretty sure comp hill destroys that hill.

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

It's a typical response from California riders who haven't been anywhere other then Glamis of Dumont. Yes I have been to Dumont and ridden Comp Hill at Dumont. It doesn't compare to Utahs Sand Mtn in size. Our hill is just as steep and rises 581 vertical feet according to a GPS. Your hill rises about 370 vetical feet. Sand Mtn is named a mtn for a resaon, it literally looks like a mtn it's so big. I went to Dumont to ride and see what it was like. The riding area is very small. Our dunes are about 2 miles wide and 9 miles long. Nothing like Glamis, but just as good if not better as far as the riding goes. Saint Anthoys Idaho is the best dunes in the country. I have ridden all the top spots in the west to find out for myself who has what.

WhiteZee

#4 Post by WhiteZee »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Sep 19 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a typical response from California riders who haven't been anywhere other then Glamis of Dumont. Yes I have been to Dumont and ridden Comp Hill at Dumont. It doesn't compare to Utahs Sand Mtn in size. Our hill is just as steep and rises 581 vertical feet according to a GPS. Your hill rises about 370 vetical feet. Sand Mtn is named a mtn for a resaon, it literally looks like a mtn it's so big. I went to Dumont to ride and see what it was like. The riding area is very small. Our dunes are about 2 miles wide and 9 miles long. Nothing like Glamis, but just as good if not better as far as the riding goes. Saint Anthoys Idaho is the best dunes in the country. I have ridden all the top spots in the west to find out for myself who has what.

ill take your word for it, it just looked super small in your video. why do you say st anthonys is the best? what about them is different then glamis or dumonte?

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

Biggest smoothest dunes around. You have to see for yourself. No dunes flow together like SA's. Its simply Paradise. Glamis is simply WEAK in comparison and Dumont isn't even in the same league. Picture 6-8 miles of Dumonts biggest dunes and that's a fraction of what SA'a has to offer.

WhiteZee

#6 Post by WhiteZee »

QUOTE (Sandstorm @ Sep 20 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Biggest smoothest dunes around. You have to see for yourself. No dunes flow together like SA's. Its simply Paradise. Glamis is simply WEAK in comparison and Dumont isn't even in the same league. Picture 6-8 miles of Dumonts biggest dunes and that's a fraction of what SA'a has to offer.

sounds like i need to convince the guys to skip dumont next year and check out SA!

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

I know what Sandstorm means about flowing. Yes SA is better than Glamis for that and some of the bowls behind Chokecherry were actually scary looking but the huge area of Glamis is a equalizer in my opinion.

Kuma

#8 Post by Kuma »

I hit SA for a week this summer, it was great no doubt.
Not going to say which are the best dunes, that would be like picking a favorite kid.
I will say that SA is a better choice for a summer ride unless you are into 115+ heat!
If you are going to the sand in the winter then Glamis or Dumont would be my pick.

Sandstorm

#9 Post by Sandstorm »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Sep 21 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hit SA for a week this summer, it was great no doubt.
Not going to say which are the best dunes, that would be like picking a favorite kid.
I will say that SA is a better choice for a summer ride unless you are into 115+ heat!
If you are going to the sand in the winter then Glamis or Dumont would be my pick.

The big dunes west of Thunder Mtn close Nov 1 thru May 1 due to somethig w/ Elk. So that closes more then half the dunes, besides Sa's gets to 15 below in Jan and can go 2 months w/o getting above freezing. People do take their sleds out on the smaller dunes in the winter as they are covered w/ snow for about 3-4 months. In the summer you will see tons of sand rails at Sa's. Most come from So Cal. Whats nice about Sa's is you can ride till 10 at night and it's still light outside in the summer.